Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anthony Gose

Wow goose has really fallen from starting opening day center fielder to double AA in the same year. Guy just can't hit worth a shit

http://beck.mlblogs.com/2016/07/13/gose-suspended-demoted-for-dugout-argument/
Gose suspended, demoted after dugout argument.
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

I think Gose has always been a sort of loose cannon. Frustration setting in deeper and deeper with his awful year, full moon or whatever he snapped.

Going to Erie with Lance Parrish who is not going to take any sort of crap he gave to Lloyd, and maybe having Phil Clark and Bruce Fields as coaches there can help him find his swing. If not, he's probably a goner.

Translation - Lloyd McClendon said he wouldn't accept him back on the team so they sent him to AA

And sending a soon to be 26-year old to AA because he sulked does what exactly?

He wouldn't listen to Tiger coaching and was sent to AAA.

He sulked and threw a fit at AAA and now he is sent to AA.

And if the coaches at AA some how is the answer....then what does that say about the coaches at MLB level and AAA?

And if the coaches at AA some how is the answer....then what does that say about the coaches at MLB level and AAA?

It says what many of us think of the MLB and AAA level for quite some time.

It says what many of us think of the MLB and AAA level for quite some time.

An example...look at Rajai Davis. He already has matched his walk total of the last 3 seasons in only a half a year.

2016 = 13.8 PA/BB

2015 = 16.8 PA/BB

2014 = 22.5 PA/BB

2013 = 17.1 PA/BB

2012 = 18.6 PA/BB

It is either the player comes here and stops walking/being patient, or they leave and begin/resume walking/being patient. Baserunning is another example. And then there is the pitchers. Our organization philosophy sucks, along with the coaches.

The only thing it says to me is Gose is a malcontent and the Tigers brass don't want to release him.

Now, if he does turn his act around, it could also mean that the message sent worked (this is your last chance)

The only thing it says to me is Gose is a malcontent and the Tigers brass don't want to release him.

Now, if he does turn his act around, it could also mean that the message sent worked (this is your last chance)

At this point, Gose has a very slim chance of ever being a viable MLB player. He has no value and is a disruption in every clubhouse he has been in. So why wouldn't the Tiger brass want to release him? It isn't like he is making $16 Mil. No team realistically would trade anything of value for him. There is no defending the Tiger's position on Gose.

Maybe Gose is being sent to AA to be a "clubhouse presence" in Erie.

At this point, Gose has a very slim chance of ever being a viable MLB player. He has no value and is a disruption in every clubhouse he has been in. So why wouldn't the Tiger brass want to release him? It isn't like he is making $16 Mil. No team realistically would trade anything of value for him. There is no defending the Tiger's position on Gose.

I'm not defending...just trying to guess what they are doing.

As I think about it now...I think I would have released him the moment he pulled that shit at AAA. I would have made it very public as well...send a message to the ENTIRE organization.

Back