Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals 7-15-16 Game 90

Frankie Rodriguez in to close,

ultimate goon grounds to Iggy,
cuthbert singles,
eibner strikes out swinging,
escobar flies to new RF'er Aviles,

Tigers win 4 - 2,
JV with his 9th win,
Kinsler with a Bomb,
Collins with a Bomb,
Victor 2 run squib grounder past pitcher,
K-Rod with save 25,
TigersVictoryCigar!!!

http://m.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 4 - 2 win over the royals.

Ian Kinsler: He took the second pitch of the game deep to left-center for a home run.

Justin Verlander: Gave up just four hits and was striking out batters left and right.

Tyler Collins: Smoked a solo shot to right, tying the game in the seventh after Steven Moya?s defense put the team behind.

Victor Martinez: Half the credit goes to the Royals for their ineptitude on defense, but V-Mart still managed to run out a two-run infield single, giving the Tigers the 4-2 lead in the seventh.

Steven Moya: In his defense, he hasn?t been allowed to settle in for any stretch and he?s never had defensive issues quite this bad before. Even so, his miscues in the outfield were disastrous given the lack of run support by the Tigers? offense. It should?ve been a 1-1 game at worst, but instead Moya?s mistakes on a simple flyout resulted in a two-run spot for the Royals.

STATS AND INFO:
Ian Kinsler?s leadoff homer marked the 35th of his career, which ties him with Bobby Bonds (played 1968-81) for eighth-most in MLB history.

Kinsler?s homer was his 17th of the season. He had last hit one out of the park on July 3 at the Rays.

By giving up a homer to Kinsler in the first, Ian Kennedy has allowed at least one homer in eight straight games. It?s the second-longest streak of his career, and certainly not a good one.

Justin Verlander struck out 10-or-more batters for the fourth time this. It?s the 33rd time in his career he?s done so. The last time was on May 24, 2016 against the Phillies.

I think I heard on the radio that 28 of the next 44 games are at home. We need to make some hay now !!!

I think I heard on the radio that 28 of the next 44 games are at home. We need to make some hay now !!!

I think I also heard the other day they are 3-19 againts current divsion leaders and then now 44-24 againts everyone else. Thats alarming, and course 1-11 of that is Cleveland

Last edited:
I think I also heard the other day they are 3-19 againts current divsion leaders and then now 44-24 againts everyone else. Thats alarming, and course most of that is Cleveland

For sure . Damn Cleveland. Damn them all to hell !!!!!

According to sportscenter, JV averaged 95 mph on his fastball last night...his highest average fastball velocity in a game in 3 seasons. And JV leads all pitchers in baseball with the highest swing and miss rate on fastball pitches at 26%. Max is at 25%, then Bumgarner and Jose Fernandez at 24%.

According to sportscenter, JV averaged 95 mph on his fastball last night...his highest average fastball velocity in a game in 3 seasons. And JV leads all pitchers in baseball with the highest swing and miss rate on fastball pitches at 26%. Max is at 25%, then Bumgarner and Jose Fernandez at 24%.

iirc, Mario said each of Verlander's strikeouts was a swing and miss on the third strike. That's incredible with a team like the royals who always seem to foul off a ton of JV's pitches.

Back