Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals 7-16-16 Game 91

Aviles is just flat out terrible at the plate. I'd rather give any of our prospects more AB's in place of that guy.

Lettuce and Mike have no business on a mlb team. I agree play the younger guys.

Last edited:
JD better heal faster

With regards to Martinez (fractured right elbow), he may be ahead of schedule but he?s still several weeks out, and he?s equally frustrated. Unfortunately, broken bones aren?t exactly something a player can rush back to health, so it?s just going to take time for him to mend. He?s doing light to moderate baseball activities, but he told reporters that any harder swings are still too painful for him.

The initial time period for Martinez was set at 4-6 weeks. Exactly four weeks after he left the game on June 16 ? he crashed into the right field wall making a catch ? it?s likely that he?ll return closer to that six-week mark. As much as he wants to be back in the lineup, there?s just nothing else he can do but wait. And that may just be the most difficult thing for Martinez at the moment.
bybtb

With regards to Martinez (fractured right elbow), he may be ahead of schedule but he?s still several weeks out, and he?s equally frustrated. Unfortunately, broken bones aren?t exactly something a player can rush back to health, so it?s just going to take time for him to mend. He?s doing light to moderate baseball activities, but he told reporters that any harder swings are still too painful for him.

The initial time period for Martinez was set at 4-6 weeks. Exactly four weeks after he left the game on June 16 ? he crashed into the right field wall making a catch ? it?s likely that he?ll return closer to that six-week mark. As much as he wants to be back in the lineup, there?s just nothing else he can do but wait. And that may just be the most difficult thing for Martinez at the moment.
bybtb

thanks for the update. I was wondering about his progress over the break

God god McCann it was a foot inside.. man that kid sucks at the plate right now.

Hopefully this is the nail in the pelfrey coffin, 18 starts with a 1.76 WHIP, come on. There has to be a randy wolf type in someones system that we could get for next to nothing that could outperform Pelfrey.

Hopefully this is the nail in the pelfrey coffin, 18 starts with a 1.76 WHIP, come on. There has to be a randy wolf type in someones system that we could get for next to nothing that could outperform Pelfrey.

The sad thing is that they really don't have any other options. Maybe once Norris and Zim get back they do the right thing. Of course... I don't have a lot of hope that Norris is ready.

EDIT

I guess they do have other options...ANYBODY else!

Last edited:
The sad thing is that they really don't have any other options. Maybe once Norris and Zim get back they do the right thing. Of course... I don't have a lot of hope that Norris is ready.

EDIT

I guess they do have other options...ANYBODY else!

Lets see Farmer K/9=8.44, Ryan K/9=5.91,Green K/9=8.72, yea any of them are better than pitiful's 4.14.

Trying the same thing over and over expecting a different results = Tiger Management! Albert would be so proud. O another one that's applies to the Tigers " Two things are infinite: the universe and ["human"(Replace with Tiger)] stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

What R U talking about palfrey is the wolf in the tiger system that no ones wants. If any one wants him let him gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Ian Kinsler: Second home run in as many games, this one a two-run shot to the Tigers? bullpen in the third. He also doubled in the first and scored on Cameron Maybin?s RBI single.

Cameron Maybin/Tyler Collins: The former drove in the Tigers? first run, the latter drove in the last. They?ll split a roar.

Tigers bullpen: Excluding Dustin Molleken and Kyle Ryan, the bullpen was actually steady. The four relievers ? Alex Wilson, Bruce Rondon, Shane Greene, and Mark Lowe ? allowed just two hits across 3 2/3 innings. Rondon needed just nine pitches for a full inning with a strikeout, and surprisingly, Lowe gave Detroit a clean inning.

Mike Pelfrey: He didn?t make it out of the second inning and gave up five runs on four hits and four walks. Oh, and he hit a batter. Didn?t strike anyone out.

Tigers offense: Had just three hits against Danny Duffy through six innings. Two went to Kinsler, the other to Maybin on an RBI single.

Molleken/Ryan: Allowed four runs (and Pelfrey?s fifth run that was on-base at swap-time). What should?ve been a 4-4 tie after five was instead an 8-4 deficit, with little chance of a comeback for Detroit?s offense.

STATS AND INFO:

The 1 2/3 innings pitched by Pelfrey marked his shortest start since Sept. 30, 2015 (game two), and the second-shortest of his career (1 1/3 innings on July 19, 2010). It?s his 11th career start with two innings or less.

Upton to return already? I thought it was a minimum of 3 days.

I am guessing it is the number of days and not games played.
Upton might have left on Thursday....
all the links from media sites don't clarify.

What R U talking about palfrey is the wolf in the tiger system that no ones wants. If any one wants him let him gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm saying it won't take much to get someone better. Pelfrey has to be worse than a replacement player, which I'd consider to be a Randy Wolf

Back