Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins 7-18-16 Game 93

He was struggling before that though.

Aside from an amazing couple weeks in the middle of May, he's been subpar to his normal standards the rest of the year.

I agree. I was just pointing out that going to the AS game probably wasn't a rest. And I agree that he should be allowed to take a couple of days off. His Line Drive rate is down and he is hitting more ground balls. There is something off and it usually points to tired or injured legs in this case.

Last edited:
I agree. I was just pointing out that going to the AS game probably wasn't a rest. And I agree that he should be allowed to take a couple of days off. His Line Drive rate is down and he is hitting more ground balls. There is something off and it usually points to tired or injured legs in this case.

It would be nice if VMart could play 1st for a few days at the least.

Nice play by Castellanos tonight, and ausmus puts Romine in at 3rd?

Oh yeah baby, strike em out throw em out to end it! Pending challenge..oh yeah he out

Tigers shutout the twins 1-0,
Boyd 6 innings 7 K's,
J Up with a Bomb #200 for him,
Wilson/Greene/KRodSave 3 inn 0 hits
TigersVictoryCigar!!!

Hopefully they saved all of the runs for tomorrow with Sanchez going. Might need 10 tomorrow night.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 1 - 0 shutout win over the twins.

Matt Boyd: Gave Detroit six shutout innings of three-hit ball.

Justin Upton: Belted a solo shot to left in the second, keeping it just fair of the foul pole for the first run of the game.

Tigers bullpen: Didn?t allow a run, or a hit in three innings.

Tigers offense: It was a win, but only just. Apart from Upton, only two other players had hits and none drove in a run.

STATS AND INFO:
The home run by Justin Upton was the 200th of his career. He?s the 10th active player to reach 200 homers in his age-28 season, joining Adrian Beltre, Braun, Bruce, Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, Giancarlo Stanton, and Mark Teixeira.

Back