Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins 7-20-16 Game 95

tigermud

Detroit (49-45)

Kinsler, 2B
Maybin, CF
Miggy, 1B
VMart, DH
Nick 3B
Upton, LF
Aviles, RF
McCann, C
Romine, SS

P: Verlander

Twins (34-59)

Nunez, SS
Mauer, 1B
Sano, 3B
Dozier, 2B
Kepier, RF
Vargas, DH
Rosario. LF
Suzuki, C
Buxton CF

P: Santana

Last edited:
Incredible to have McCann and Aviles continue to hit vs RHP. Then we add Romine to the lineup for good measure.

Do'h missed getting the thread started on time, sorry about that.. got busy.. I see it's already in the 7th inning and the Tigers offense continues to flounder this series. Only 3 stinking hits and why the hell is Aviles getting another damn start again over Collins he can't hit a lick. C'Mon offense FFS stop making the twins pitching staff look like an all star team! incredibly discouraging.

This offense is pissing me off. I gotta get back to work now.

Please don't tell me Frankie had him 0-2 and let him hit a Homer off him at 3-2 ? I'm out not watching and had ticker working partially :/

Last edited:
unacceptable baseball Tigers! And ya shoulda left JV in Brad 112 pitches ain't the end of the world ya assclown!! this guy is such a freaking dipshit

I know this isn't supposed to matter, but most teams do not use their closer in a non-save situation. Perhaps top of the ninth in a tie game at home is akin to a save situation, but mentally it's not to a closer. Once again I have to question Ausmus decision making.

Christ almighty didn't realize they had a day game today...Saw the score and was already annoyed, but then I saw Verlander pitched a gem, only to have the BP implode for a second straight night (and the offense suck balls again).

This team is infuriating. No other way to put it...

Yup. Should have seen me at the 4-eyed doctors office getting my first pair :/

Already Salty enough then after 2 outs Frankie implodes. Man I was pissed
Team needs a 8 game winning streak like now..

Tigers now 7.5 back of Cleveland and 4.5 out of wild card..incredibly disappointing to drop two of three at home to the worst team in the AL making their starting pitching look like an all word staff. It's f'k unacceptable and Brad ausmus is a clueless dumbass!

Got home at 9:30 tonight and couldn't get on with a data base error for a half hour. How long did that last?

Did here last inning and a half, and that Verlander pitched a gem.
IDK wtf is wrong with this offense, scoring 4 runs in 3 games to the shithook twins is bad.

Got home at 9:30 tonight and couldn't get on with a data base error for a half hour. How long did that last?

Did here last inning and a half, and that Verlander pitched a gem.
IDK wtf is wrong with this offense, scoring 4 runs in 3 games to the shithook twins is bad.

I think it was a couple hours with that error

Justin Velander: Eight innings with two hits allowed and one run ? a solo shot with one out in the first.

Ian Kinsler: Responded with a home run of his own, tying the game in the bottom of the first.

Tigers offense: Apart from Kinsler?s homer, the Tigers did nothing. They squandered their few scoring chances, including a two-on situation in the eighth.

Francisco Rodriguez: Struggled with his command and paid for it. Max Kepler drilled a solo shot to right field, putting the Twins up 2-1 in the ninth. Then he gave up a two-run homer.

STATS AND INFO:
Ian Kinsler?s home run is his fourth leadoff homer of the season and the 36th of his career, eighth-most in MLB history. His last was on July 15 against the Royals.

Miguel Cabrera?s two-hit game gave him 1,592 hits with the Tigers, 11th-most in team history. The single in the eighth gave him sole possession, passing Bill Freehan for the spot.

Justin Verlander?s nine strikeouts gives him 2,082 for his career, tying him with Bobo Newsom for 66th in MLB history. In doing so, he passed Fernando Valenzuela (2,074), Ryan Dempster (2,075) and Tim Hudson (2,080) on the list.

Some moron ran onto the field and interrupted the Tigers? game.

Back