Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox 7-22-16 Game 97

Good at bats the third inning for the most part 3-1

Last edited:
He's slowing becoming my least favorite Tiger

Now that goose is gone I'd have to go the incredibly weak bench as being my least fav tiger...no wait actually my least fav tiger right now is Brad ausmus

Last edited:
Speaking of the goose, he's now hitting a buck twenty five in double A, boy did he fall hard or what

Holy crap....97 pitches in 3 and a third for Turner. That's pretty bad.

Miggy with an infield single might top the list of ways I didn't expect that at bat to end.

Jacob Turner becomes first MLB pitcher since Jaime Garcia in 2011, and 10th since 2000, to throw 100+ pitches in 3 1/3 innings or less.

Two of the other nine were Tigers: Kenny Rogers threw 109 over 3 1/3 on 8/2/2008. C.J. Nitkowski threw 103 over 3 1/3 on 4/9/2000.

Darn it all we just can't get any consistency going at all. Getting all the phases going at the same time.

loaded for Miggy two outs he's 0-10 this year with em loaded. Nate jones coming into face him

Last edited:
Yes!! Miggy looks like he is seeing the ball well again. Looks poised for a monster stretch.

Watching Miggy in thr press conference after the game he seems pissed or just not himself asking questions after the game. Maybe it's the grind of the season and his batting slump but i always remember him being more jovial talking to reporters?

Watching Miggy in thr press conference after the game he seems pissed or just not himself asking questions after the game. Maybe it's the grind of the season and his batting slump but i always remember him being more jovial talking to reporters?

He's pissed at some reporters who have said he's lost it.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 7 - 5 win over the whitesox.

Miguel Cabrera now has 200 three-hit games, and 43 four-hit games in his career, tied for 32nd mpst (4 hit games) all-time.
With his 2 rbi single, Cabrera is the 56th player in major-league history to reach the 1,500 RBI milestone (1,501).
Cabrera has driven in 976 of those RBIs as a member of the Tigers.
The rest came from 2003-2007 with the Florida Marlins.

Cabrera becomes the eighth player in MLB history to reach the 400 home run and 1500 RBI milestone in the first 14 seasons of his playing career, joining the ranks of Alex Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez, Albert Pujols, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Jeff Bagwell and Hank Aaron.

Miguel Cabrera: Whenever the whispers about his struggles begin to grow louder, Cabrera always finds a way to shut them down. After homering the night before, Cabrera went 4-for-4 with two doubles and two RBI.

The bullpen: Kyle Ryan, Alex Wilson, Justin Wilson, and Francisco Rodriguez combined to pitch four scoreless innings to seal the game.

Ian Kinsler: Though he recorded just one hit and struck out three times, Kinsler still somehow scored three runs.

Michael Fulmer: The rookie did not have his best stuff, and it finally caught up to him in the fifth inning. He gave up five runs (four earned) and six hits through five innings pitched.

Bottom of the order: A 2-for-14 night from Tyler Collins, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, and Jose Iglesias.

STATS AND INFO:
Miguel Cabrera recorded his 1500th career RBI. Congrats Miggy!

The Tigers scored more than four runs for the first time since the All Star Break.

Victor Martinez was intentionally walked more than once in a game for the first time since April 8, 2015.

Four earned runs matches the highest total allowed by Fulmer in his last 12 starts.

I noticed that also..he seemed annoyed and pissed, I don't recall his exzact words but when asked about his 1500 rbi's accomplishment, was left with the impression he was basically meh'ing everything and was like who cares another game tomorrow we gotta win. If annoyed and pissed makes him go 4-4 keep being annoyed and pissed! Lol, no but seriously he pirbebly just doesn't like reporters he really isn't interviewed much after games and I've noticed vmart is always the same way also looks very annoyed by questions he's asked, one of these days I swear he's going to say pffst that's a dumb question next

Last edited:
It just looked odd to me. Yeah I guess whatever works miggy. Stay pissed! !

Here it is again after watching it again actually I think he just looked more tired than anything else. long days and nights the season is a grind. That and I think he may not always fully understand what the questions are or annoyed by them. got his back, what do you mean? he made a reference to his home country as well, maybe the state of things in Venezuela is weighing on him? the whole world is on fire after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrKHGZhCm2o

Last edited:
Back