Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Indians April 16th

Happy it wasn't cancelled again though due to lack of global weirding..keeps me from giving shit about everything going to hell in a hand basket....let's do it again tomorrow miggy keep grinding... he's close!

Last edited:
Having watched this team play three games now (MLB Extra Innings) my main concern at this point is the lack of offense and poor fielding. Especially the poor fielding. Tigers are last in AL defensive runs saved above average (-17) by a wide margin and they have 100 fewer chances than the next team above them (CLE).

And yet we went towards defense and stolen bases in the off season, and that was supposed to improve this team.

And yet we went towards defense and stolen bases in the off season, and that was supposed to improve this team.

Inexplicably, Ausmus attempts to steal Jackson (a poor base stealer) with Gomes (a proficient catcher and throwing out base-stealing runners), behind the plate.

Last edited:

it doesn't help that their best defensive player is out for the year and was replaced by a 40 year old....and probably their best defensive outfielder is out for the year.

Last edited:
it doesn't help that their best defensive player is out for the year and was replaced by a 40 year old....and probably their best defensive outfielder is out for the year.

Don Kelly is out for the year? When did that happen?

I thought that Dirks was rated as the best defenisve OF on the Tigers. I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time!

I was actually joking. It is probably Jackson, followed by Dirks. But then again, Tyler Collins is probably as good as Dirks, he just isn't getting a chance to play.

I was actually joking. It is probably Jackson, followed by Dirks. But then again, Tyler Collins is probably as good as Dirks, he just isn't getting a chance to play.

I haven't been able to watch a lot of games yet but did catch the game last night. Davis made a few good plays out there. I can't for the life of me understand how someone with that much atheltic ability and speed can't be good in the OF.

Take this with a grain of salt (sample size)

Leading off an inning (.280 Team OBP)

Jackson+Avila+Romine+Collins+Hunter (each have a walk)

25 PA 20 AB 5 H 5 BB .250 BAVG .500 OBP

if you drop Avila from the group

19 PA 15 AB 5 H 4 BB .333 BAVG .600 OBP

Everyone Else (Kinsler, Davis, etc, etc)

75 PA 75 AB 18 H 0 BB .240 BAVG .240 OBP

I haven't been able to watch a lot of games yet but did catch the game last night. Davis made a few good plays out there. I can't for the life of me understand how someone with that much atheltic ability and speed can't be good in the OF.

he cant read the ball off the bat well and takes horrible routes.

OF UZR/150 since 2010

C. Gomez 21.9

J. Reddick 20.1

J. Heyward 19.9

R. Raburn 10.8

C. Maybin 4.6

A. Dirks 1.7

A. Jackson 1.6

D. Kelly 1.6 (Career)

T. Hunter 1.4

R. Davis -8.1

D. Young -12.8

OF DRS since 2010

C. Gomez 58

J. Heyward 55

J. Reddick 43

A. Jackson 34

C. Maybin 19

A. Dirks 14

T. Hunter 9

D. Kelly 3 (Career)

R. Davis 3

R. Raburn 0

D. Young -15

Draw your own conclusions. I provided two separate Defensive stats/metrics and added arguably 3 of the best defensive OFer (Gomez, Reddick and Heyward). IMHO, even Don Kelly is a better OFer than Rajai Davis. But, Delmon makes Davis look like Gold Glove material.

Last edited:
Back