Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Indians April, 17

Alright ya crazy train peeps get back on the rails, we gotta game tonight! Weaver. Where's Carlos!

Didn't CA sweep the tigers at home last year? can't go letting that shit happen again

Last edited:
Alright ya crazy train peeps get back on the rails, we gotta game tonight! Weaver. Where's Carlos!

Didn't CA sweep the tigers at home last year? can't go letting that shit happen again

I think they swept us in both places.

Seriously, if that isn't a personal, I don't know what is. You could have posted a response without that and still made your point.

So you have a problem with KC and I being friends? You think KC wouldn't tell me when or if I was being wrong on here? I certainly would listen to him, because the relationship is built on respect.

The conflicts I have with other posters usually centers around me posting statistics to prove a point and some of those posters don't like it. I get why and so do most people. If I had to explain it, then you aren't paying attention (fyi...I have read virtually every comment in every thread in the Tiger section since this site's creation) But I am not a hypocrite or do I have double standards when posting any stats. They are what they are. Yet, some have issue with that.

Sure everyone has an opinion. But as soon as you post that opinion on a message board, it is going to be commented on (either for or against). And that is the lifeblood of forums, the sharing of opinions and then discussing their merits. It is meant to be used for discussion and debate, without personal attacks or taking it personal. I love a good debate, as long as it doesn't resort to those personal attacks (I am still waiting on a few who have claimed that I do it to post where I did). And based on some of your posting histories, so do most on here. Rarely do I post anywhere else (Lions, Pistons, Redwings), but I do read through some threads. Talk about hypocrisy and personal attacks. Talk about letting some posters "bully" their way through threads/forum. And some of you know who those posters are. Probably one of the reasons I do not post elsewhere at this site, except here under the Tigers' section. Because I usually stand up to bullying.

I have gone round and round with more than a few (Thumb, Spock, Sbee, ect) and we haven't resorted to name calling. Tomdalton posts quite a bit that I don't agree with and I can respond without it becoming personal. That discussion/debate is what drives a message board. Not this gameday play by play comments. Or the one sentence responses that don't amount to much more than saying "fucking Player X" or similar. Nothing is more hilarious then seeing 5 posts in a row saying the same thing, from 5 different posters (i.e. F**k Don Kelly). It still exists and I get why it happens. It isn't what makes this forum stand out. I could go to CBS, Yahoo, etc if I wanted the mindless dribble during the course of a season. It is the true discussion threads, not the "gameday" threads. They both serve their purposes here.

I have purposely avoided this board for periods of time (which I shouldn't have to do). I have purposely avoid commenting against certain posters. I do not believe in putting anyone on "ignore" (my opinion, and mine only, is it a form of disrespect to my fellow man. I do not have to like everyone, but I should respect them as being Tiger fans). I can just simply not comment. But, there is a select few who purposely "bait" myself and others. That is a fact. I know that some of the same posters I have issues with have also had conflicts with Thumb and/or Spock, and/or other posters. That is another fact. They probably just put them on ignore. I just need to practice restraint. But they will continue to bait if left unchecked, they just will choose someone else to "bait".

It's not like I am without reason. If any moderator, even you Mitch, contacted me and wanted to discuss, truly discuss, then great. I play a part. I can be arrogant. But that is not a crime or against proper board etiquette. Every poster has a "boiling point", so I won't say I haven't reached that a few times recently. But I still don't see where I "personally attacked" anyone. Again, posting contrary to someone's posted opinion isn't a personal attack. Now if you don't agree with that statement, then I don't know how to address this issue.

My wife and I both have differing opinions on a lot of things. Sometimes we have "heated" discussions. But, I take it to a personal level if I call her a "B***h" during the discussion. Of course she is going to respond negatively. Don't expect me to be different if another poster took our discussion to a personal level and/or began "bullying".

To most posters here, I apologize for "high jacking" certain threads with this banter.

Because someone posts an opinion and you throw out stats basically calling him a fool. Likes opinions wIth no stats shouldn't be given.

Name calling shouldn't happen but what you do isn't a whole lot better.

Only a huge a-hole would post this mitchrapp, and posting late after seeing that I left for the night.
Where do you get off and think I have people as favorites? over any number of posters that I communicate here with?
You don't need stats?????????? Like every one else who follows baseball.
All you need is your opinion? HAR there's that word again you hide behind, when you do your best to troll posters here.
Whatever opinions/discussion/stats you can't understand YOU shoot them down with smug disdain and criticism.
mitch, in your capacity here, you are a disappointment to many.

I don't know your schedule. I just happened to be on. And yeah you do have favorites. I expect we all do.

It's message board if people want to give an opinion what the hell is wrong with that. If you want to back up with stats that's fine but if you don't that's fine too. And saying Kinsler is better the Fielder, the start of this is not far fetched. He didn't say WAS BETTER -

And KC, you need to know what bait and trolling is. You've said that twice to me now. I don't bait or troll..

I suppose I am a disappointment to many, so.

Last edited:
Because someone posts an opinion and you throw out stats basically calling him a fool. Likes opinions wIth no stats shouldn't be given.

Name calling shouldn't happen but what you do isn't a whole lot better.

Wow. So I cannot "debate" someone's player choice?

And if I do, they can call me a name and that is OK, because you deem it to be the same? Whatever you want for justification, you are the one with "moderator" next to your name.

And if I do, they can call me a name and that is OK, because you deem it to be the same? Whatever you want for justification, you are the one with "moderator" next to your name.

You can debate it all you want .. I never said name calling is okay. I banned someone for two days once because it was getting really bad..but the other mods disagreed with what I did. 6 of one half dozen of the other you get screwed either way. So that isn't going away, the insults, because it's obvious that no one else cares.

I like a lot of what you post. But sometimes I think you go abit overboard, I guess we all do.

Seriously, let it go. Where the fuck did anyone call you a name anyways????

You jumped into this thread looking to cause shit and snowballed it to where it is now.

You can debate it all you want .. I never said name calling is okay. I banned someone for two days once because it was getting really bad..but the other mods disagreed with what I did. 6 of one half dozen of the other you get screwed either way. So that isn't going away, the insults, because it's obvious that no one else cares.

I like a lot of what you post. But sometimes I think you go abit overboard, I guess we all do.

But Mitch, you are in essence saying they could say, as an example, that Eric Hosmer > Miguel Cabrera and I would not be allowed to counter that with a sound argument, which I use stats to do that. In addition, most of my "opinions" are based on this, so is my opinion also being "Protected" by you?

There are a lot of wanting double standards here. I can live with any standard. I have stated numerous times that I tend to be arrogant. And I openly apologize when I am shown where I am wrong.

A hint....if you think I am going a bit over...why not a quick private message?

Seriously, let it go. Where the fuck did anyone call you a name anyways????

You jumped into this thread looking to cause shit and snowballed it to where it is now.

You are the main offender and I have said I am done with you. Kelly > Kinsler.

But Mitch, you are in essence saying they could say, as an example, that Eric Hosmer > Miguel Cabrera and I would not be allowed to counter that with a sound argument, which I use stats to do that. In addition, most of my "opinions" are based on this, so is my opinion also being "Protected" by you?

There are a lot of wanting double standards here. I can live with any standard. I have stated numerous times that I tend to be arrogant. And I openly apologize when I am shown where I am wrong.

You can counter. I overreacted and I shouldn't have posted what I did.

Fella, your first response to his Kinsler > Fielder comment was to call him a troll then to step back and play victim.

Fella, your first response to his Kinsler > Fielder comment was to call him a troll then to step back and play victim.

Because it wasn't the first time he posted that.

We had already debated this before, ad nauseum.

I believe it was with the intent to provoke. (hence the troll reference)

Because it wasn't the first time he posted that.

And it won't be the last.

Either accept it or ignore it, i'm not changing how I feel on the post.

Get mad.

Last edited:
Back