Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ian Kinsler

Kinsler goes out and gives 100% every play, all game long. That is what sticks out to me.

His stats will more than likely normalize but keep in mind the cavernous gaps at Comerica suite him well so increase is not out of the question.

In my opinion, his style is exactly what this team needed. He seems to be a perfect match for Ausmus brand baseball. Big difference from Leyland brand for sure.

my guess is DD doesn't think he traded him for cheap...I think DD feels that he got fair value in return for Fister. It is a gamble on Roby but if he turns out to be a middle of the rotation starter the trade will be viewed as a win for the Tigers.

I hope you're right but Ray was barely a top 100 prospect.

I hope you're right but Ray was barely a top 100 prospect.

And how many of our top 10 prospects that we traded have ended up ever doing anything? Maybin? Miller? Turner? My point being prospects, no matter what someone "ranks" you, is hit or miss whether they are considered top prospects or not.

Last edited:
And how many of our top 10 prospects that we traded have ended up ever doing anything? Maybin? Miller? Turner? My point being prospects, no matter what someone "ranks" you, is hit or miss whether they are considered top prospects or not.

And being ranked 97 is closer to a nothing than top tens.

I would hope Smyly wouldn't suck ass...then we wouldn't have to worry about the trade :D

Even if he pitches like Fister we still are missing Smylys innings from the bullpen. ROY is the only thing that can keep the trade from sucking..he's the key.

No doubt Kinsler will have his 2nd Gold Glove after this season.

All the Hype about Sweet Lou and he only had 3 gold gloves.

I am just happy to have a great 2nd baseman again. Infante was to injury prone and was overrated

The way he plays his position he should win 2. Cano steals the gold glove from him every year.

For many recent years/decades the GG awards have become a joke, players still winning on their reputations.

palmiero winning at 1B,

dwight evans winning his last 3/4 when he was leading the league in throws up the third base line.

heck even the great Brooks Robinson was winning them when other 3B men; Aurelio Rodriguez, Nettles, or Decinces should have each won once or twice.

So many dependable defensive statistics, it blows my mind how they get ignored in Gold Glove voting.

Back