Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vizquel Comeback?

Something got to happen. Tigers short stop's are hitting a combined .166 1 extra base hit. Shoot fire swinging the bat at every pitch should get you 8 hits in 48 at bats! These two are career .240+ hitters something got to happen!

Then why did we trade for both players if we now (14 games into the season) have to do something?

And, I don't mind the .318 OBP from Romine, at least he knows how to walk and plays decent SS. Gonzalez on the other hand was/is a big mistake.

Then why did we trade for both players if we now (14 games into the season) have to do something?

And, I don't mind the .318 OBP from Romine, at least he knows how to walk and plays decent SS. Gonzalez on the other hand was/is a big mistake.

plus the fact I read somewhere that Worth is raking in AAA.

plus the fact I read somewhere that Worth is raking in AAA.

Still small sample sizes. Worth isn't the answer, but he would be better than Gonzalez. Gonzalez hasn't done anything for years and at 37, the Tigers thought he might catch the fountain of youth?

Suarez is doing well at AA (small sample size) and he was the one I was promoting. But that is when we still had Lombardozzi and Alvarez.

Adding any more players to the mix (i.e. Drew) is just further compounding the mistakes already made.

Last edited:
Still small sample sizes. Worth isn't the answer, but he would be better than Gonzalez. Gonzalez hasn't done anything for years and at 37, the Tigers thought he might catch the fountain of youth?

Suarez is doing well at AA (small sample size) and he was the one I was promoting. But that is when we still had Lombardozzi and Alvarez.

Adding any more players to the mix (i.e. Drew) is just further compounding the mistakes already made.

I agree. we have serviceable or better options down on the farm. if we can see it, why don't they? must be something beyond our knowledge.

Our farm has all kinds of middle infield "prospects". Travis (2B) and Suarez (SS) are probably at the top of the list. We are void of corner OFer and/or solid 1B/DH types. Yet, we have traded for 5 SS or 2B types over the last year and a half, but have not addressed corner OF or 1B.

IDK for a fact. But they dumped Fister B/C of his injury history IMO And got what they could. At least that's how I'm going to go with in my mind for now. As Doug is still on the DL here in 2014. But I think the Tigers could have done better with him in a trade.

And they have released Gonzalez and brought up Worth, did not see them moving this fast. So the Tigers did something! This could be a sign that this season is a make or break one. Could DD job be more on the line this year?

As for why did we trade for both. I would have not. At some point the minor's have got to come up, and do something.

well DD must have got smart overnight and read this thread. he should have read in the spring.

Back