Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Angels Game Thread April, 20

i know rick played well today, but i'm expecting him to have his usual blow up game

Since 2011, 141 pitchers have had at least 100 IP Away. Here are the following rankings:

IP
4. Verlander
8. Scherzer
39. Sanchez
49. Fister
55. Porcello

xFIP
5. Verlander
7. Scherzer
13. Sanchez
18. Fister
35. Porcello

If you compare Porcello against the rest of the Tiger staff, you will say he is the worst. If you compare him against the rest of the league and considering he recently turned 25, then I would tell you he is a keeper.

Missed most of the game due to family obligations, but happy to see a win! I'll take winning 2 of 3!

Porcello had a nice game,and I'm getting to like this speed.We just need to find other ways to win then what we are all use to.

Last edited:
agreed. i didn't start this stuff KC. Xero just likes acting like a child. i'm done with it

Maybe, maybe not. I do know, having read, there have been several times you will make a unprovoked comment to a poster who hasn't said a bad word direct or in quote to you in that thread.

Maybe, maybe not. I do know, having read, there have been several times you will make a unprovoked comment to a poster who hasn't said a bad word direct or in quote to you in that thread.

That is basically what caused the rift with alex and I, I would make a response on a thread and he would just post stuff like 'xer0 ur a moron' or 'how many ID's is that now xer0', just completely irrelevant posts that have nothing to do with the topics. It just gets tiresome reading those posts after awhile as they add nothing to the conversations.

xero try telling the truth. i haven't brought up the IDS thing, except here for the most part. otherwise i've let it be because it seems like KC and the other have gottedn you to stop acting like a child like u did on ESPN

That is basically what caused the rift with alex and I, I would make a response on a thread and he would just post stuff like 'xer0 ur a moron' or 'how many ID's is that now xer0', just completely irrelevant posts that have nothing to do with the topics. It just gets tiresome reading those posts after awhile as they add nothing to the conversations.

I understand all that. I would go to espn about once a week to see what was going on with those who decided to stay initially.
Lots of really just childish accusations, and it has filtered over here with you guys who came over later from espn when they decided to shut down their message boards,
and I really don't care who started it.

It needs to stop. All this tiresome baiting and then unprovoked jabs at posters besides you and alex has been carried over here by you guys from espn. Enough is enough, figuring you guys would outgrow it or settle it down, yet it has continued, and not just here on the Tigers board in another hijacked thread but in the other forums,
and my patience for this has worn thin. There is no more rope.

xero try telling the truth. i haven't brought up the IDS thing, except here for the most part. otherwise i've let it be because it seems like KC and the other have gottedn you to stop acting like a child like u did on ESPN

This is exactly what I am talking about knock this shit off.

Since 2011, 141 pitchers have had at least 100 IP Away. Here are the following rankings:

IP
4. Verlander
8. Scherzer
39. Sanchez
49. Fister
55. Porcello

xFIP
5. Verlander
7. Scherzer
13. Sanchez
18. Fister
35. Porcello

If you compare Porcello against the rest of the Tiger staff, you will say he is the worst. If you compare him against the rest of the league and considering he recently turned 25, then I would tell you he is a keeper.

u know what i'm talkingabout right?? i mean seems like he has days like this and then 50% of the time he blows up allowing 5-6 runs a game

u know what i'm talkingabout right?? i mean seems like he has days like this and then 50% of the time he blows up allowing 5-6 runs a game

Seriously...what are your expectations?

The average Quality Start % is about 51%. Average = #3 starter

Porcello 18 QS of of his last 28 GS = 64.2%

In those last 28 GS, 6 (21%) were where he gave up 5 ER or more. He left 12 runners on base in those 6 games and 11 runners scored (91.7%) . Meaning the bullpen has not done him any favors. The AL Average in 2013 was 30%.

I am not saying he is an ace pitcher or that he will ever be one. But he is a solid #3 type starter on most other teams.

Nice to see Porcello have a great game against the Angels. We probably need him to perform more like #3 this year. I didn't get to watch past the 3rd inning. Did he keep the ball down? I know in SD he was leaving the ball up too much.

Also nice to be 9-6 so far when Miggy has been a below average hitter (pretty much everyone in the lineup has a higher slg pct) and Avila has been a strike out machine.

Back