Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Upcoming Schedule

UMRules06

The Tigers are about to start a 12 game stretch of facing AL Central opponents (4 vs. WSOX, 3 @Twins, 2 @WSOX, 3 @KC). These are the games that mean the most, and it's a chance to really start to build some distance between the Tigers and the rest of the pack. True it is still only April, but I put a lot more stock in how the team performs against the division, then I do against the Angels or Orioles.

If the rotation goes as planned I think Sanchez, Verlander, and Scherzer will get three starts apiece over the 12 games. This is assuming the Tigers skip over Smyly when they have an off day on April 28th. I am hoping for 7-5 at a minimum, but will be a little bold and predict the Tigers go 9-3.

Let's get it started on the right foot tonight. Sanchez going up against Danks.

We beat the Indians last year like they insulted our mothers. 15-4 vs. them in head-to-head games. We finished 1 game better in the standings.

I agree it's important to beat your division rivals, but the argument could be made the non-divisional games are what really decides things. We were 47-29 vs. the division last year. But only 17-17 vs. the west coast teams, while Cleveland was 25-8 versus them. That's how they kept pace with us, by beating teams we should have, but didn't.

We beat the Indians last year like they insulted our mothers. 15-4 vs. them in head-to-head games. We finished 1 game better in the standings.

I agree it's important to beat your division rivals, but the argument could be made the non-divisional games are what really decides things. We were 47-29 vs. the division last year. But only 17-17 vs. the west coast teams, while Cleveland was 25-8 versus them. That's how they kept pace with us, by beating teams we should have, but didn't.

I see it the other way. The Tigers are allowed some leeway to not have to perform so well against everyone else if they take care of business in the division. That's why every single one of those wins over Cleveland was so important last year. If we even lost one additional game to them, then we're talking a tie in the standings. Going 15-4 against Cleveland is what won us the division, hence why I put more stock in those games. If we are losing to the AL Central teams we will be in major trouble.

Tigers go 8-3 with one game rained out vs the Twins. Way to beat up on the division guys! These are the types of stretches that pay big dividends.

Back