Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New posters from espn and state of the Tigers board

Didn't TROLPO make a bunch of posts about Mitch Meluskey?

TROLPO even went as far as to sponsor Cuyler's BBR webpage for a year or so.

But I tracked his posts on ESPN, and read quite a few that were normal and lucid replies regarding MN's pro and college teams.

Seems to be quite alot of petty snipping at each other, whether it stems from the frustrations of the ALCS, or some posters don't like certain types of statistical datas, or others don't agree to the eye tests for judging/knowing what they need to know about players, remember this,......
No one is 100% correct ever, no one poster is going to make other posters believe he is right and they are wrong, everyone to some degree has a correct answer, our Tigers don't have ALL the correct answers.
Reading some of the responses at each other....makes me feel bad to see posters waiting to argue about other posters every post. Whether it is about lineup, who should start, or relieve, or sign as a FA, or trade and for whom, you are not going to persuade anyone to agree to your beliefs 100%, is it really worth it. All you're doing is getting pissed that someone else doesn't agree with you, and then the bullshit starts. Everyone has their own opinion and you can post until you're blue in the face, people aren't going to change their stance.
Look at how Brian Kenny acts and if you don't agree with him, he just pisses you off even more because he's trying to jam it into your head that his way of looking at it is the only right way.

I am hoping that there are not any posters who already have a screen name here, making up another sn. period.
If so, it will eventually be found out, and it would not be a good thing for that person.
If there are any multiple sn's, the best thing to do is to Please Get Rid of it Now. Thankyou.

It's just a joke, man. It was an obvious one at that. Little levity.

I'm allOwed to have fun.

It's just a joke, man. It was an obvious one at that. Little levity.

I'm allOwed to have fun.

What your post in response to my asking the few, amounted to your under-mining and or dismissing something that several posters have brought into question on the board in posts, and also a few who have sent me messages.

Sure, there is 'levity' and plenty of joking, but for something like this that has caused a few here upset, it smacks of being cuntish and out of touch to them and to me for asking for any who have an extra sn to get rid of it. We as mods, should be able to differentiate when it is good to joke and when to show some caring.

Last edited:
No it wasn't. It was one person making an obvious joke. Because no one would think thumb and I as the same person.

Undermining, no. I doubt anyone thought that.

It takes some time to establish one's dignity, but it's amazing how quickly one can surrender it with a single statement.

One way to spill the beans on the duel account posters. Use the I.P. address of every poster and get name from the cable company and or smart phone service provider. Then start banning accounts

Uhh...there is such a thing as using proxy servers to help obfuscate or hide one's true IP addy. The best charge monthly or annual fees, but there are also "free" proxys such as Tor and Hide My Ass.

Uhh...there is such a thing as using proxy servers to help obfuscate or hide one's true IP addy. The best charge monthly or annual fees, but there are also "free" proxys such as Tor and Hide My Ass.

Most individual people that go through a proxy server are doing it for nefarious reasons. A simple firewall blocking the source IP range would eliminate that.

However, if some of you are like me, I post from home, work and on my phone. So which IP is which? Anyone that is from my same work and posts here would also be blocked??

Aside from those that are obvious, same IP from a home internet provider, I think there would be undue burden to track anyone that was using multiple IDs.

As mentioned in another thread, most either out themselves over time or they give up the other account.

I can't believe someone would go to the extra effort to create multiple SN on a message board. What is the purpose? I don't get it.

One way to spill the beans on the duel account posters. Use the I.P. address of every poster and get name from the cable company and or smart phone service provider. Then start banning accounts

Sure, this is a great idea if you work for Homeland Security or the FBI, anyone else cannot contact and ISP and demand to be given a users name.

The Mods have already caught a couple of posters with dual accounts, which basically comes from simply looking up the IPs and realizing that they're coming from the same basic location.

Chico tried this, and got caught in like 5 posts.

Back