Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister Traded, now is retiring from baseball

Yeah, whether its scouting or development, something needs to be overhauled.

"Tigers have 2 SP in the rotation that they drafted. No one in the bullpen of any sustainability. Position players, 5 but only 3 starting."

The 5 but 3 starting really is not as accurate .. take away the ones who have ML good potential down the road and you might just end up with 1, maybe.

Tigers have 2 SP in the rotation that they drafted. No one in the bullpen of any sustainability. Position players, 5 but only 3 starting. Granted they have traded drafted players to assemble the current roster and added some pieces to make up the current competitive team and nothing to show for it. The red flag is in the scouting department. When you look at the dimensions of the ball park and compare to the current roster, we are weak up the middle. No depth there and barren in the OF . At the end of the day I see an organization that is focused on power arms or in other words lacks balance. I trust it is a difficult task to evaluate talent but there are teams that seem to do a much better job. Why David Chad still has a job eludes me. I thought he would be great but I was very wrong in that area. This is DD's team and his philosophy is rearing it's ugly head. Additionally, the team lacks leadership. It's not about the poor appearance of the Fister trade as much as it about covering up organizational management mistakes. Maybe it is time to reorganize the front office and appoint the current staff towards their strengths. Fire some people that have continually missed the mark. Add others to address the organizations short comings. I am sick of hearing this is a good team. This is a team with more holes than many of the playoff hunting teams. The Angels have the best balanced team in the AL and the Nationals are solid all the way around. KC has a superior defensive team and bullpen but I really doubt they can sustain the tear they are on, they may be peaking at the wrong time. So in conclusion, the Tigers have very good starting pitching but are below average defensively and their bullpen is a total joke. The best shot we have is that this Bi-Polar team peaks at the precise time to steal a World Series... the odds are not in their favor.

Oh, I still have some of Ron's victory cigars in my humidor.... bad sign.

This is a very very good post....I agree with everything J. said...

Tigers have 2 SP in the rotation that they drafted. No one in the bullpen of any sustainability. Position players, 5 but only 3 starting. Granted they have traded drafted players to assemble the current roster and added some pieces to make up the current competitive team and nothing to show for it. The red flag is in the scouting department. When you look at the dimensions of the ball park and compare to the current roster, we are weak up the middle. No depth there and barren in the OF . At the end of the day I see an organization that is focused on power arms or in other words lacks balance. I trust it is a difficult task to evaluate talent but there are teams that seem to do a much better job. Why David Chad still has a job eludes me. I thought he would be great but I was very wrong in that area. This is DD's team and his philosophy is rearing it's ugly head. Additionally, the team lacks leadership. It's not about the poor appearance of the Fister trade as much as it about covering up organizational management mistakes. Maybe it is time to reorganize the front office and appoint the current staff towards their strengths. Fire some people that have continually missed the mark. Add others to address the organizations short comings. I am sick of hearing this is a good team. This is a team with more holes than many of the playoff hunting teams. The Angels have the best balanced team in the AL and the Nationals are solid all the way around. KC has a superior defensive team and bullpen but I really doubt they can sustain the tear they are on, they may be peaking at the wrong time. So in conclusion, the Tigers have very good starting pitching but are below average defensively and their bullpen is a total joke. The best shot we have is that this Bi-Polar team peaks at the precise time to steal a World Series... the odds are not in their favor.

Oh, I still have some of Ron's victory cigars in my humidor.... bad sign.

Great post John. and I am still sitting on a few Cubans. At this rate they will become moldy in my humidor. David Chadd and the scouting dept. can go suck on some eggs.

"Tigers have 2 SP in the rotation that they drafted. No one in the bullpen of any sustainability. Position players, 5 but only 3 starting."

The 5 but 3 starting really is not as accurate .. take away the ones who have ML good potential down the road and you might just end up with 1, maybe.
I get it but I was trying to be fair and objective. I think the most disappointing thing for me is in the realization that Casty is not very good. He is the worst defensive 3B I have seen in a long time. I assume he will get better but he has a long, looooong way to go. Suarez is a backup player at best but he plays pretty good D. Romine shouldn't even be in show.

Back