Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Tigers at Padres, April 11th

I'm not concerned with how many pitches he does or doesn't take he can swing in whatever count he wants..I'm concerned with how often and consistently he seems to be out in front and worried it might take weeks yet for him to get it all back mentally.. can't help but wonder if it's still post injury related..I had the same hernia years ago and it took me a good year before I stopped mentally thinking to be careful not to over stress it just in case

Swinging at the first pitch is not going to produce Miggy like results in my opinion. Part of what makes him so good is his ability to figure out what the pitcher is trying to do to him, and anticipate the next pitch that's coming. Swinging at the first pitch takes that mostly out of the question, since a pitcher can throw almost anything, and often times they will not throw one of the best hitters in the game a juicy fastball down the middle. His timing will also be corrected faster if he sees more pitches (i.e. stops swinging at the first pitch and shows some patience).

Like I said, it's a pretty good bet he will be fine. It's only like a 4 game "slump" for him. I'll be worried if it continues for an extended period of time.

Swinging at the first pitch is not going to produce Miggy like results in my opinion. Part of what makes him so good is his ability to figure out what the pitcher is trying to do to him, and anticipate the next pitch that's coming. Swinging at the first pitch takes that mostly out of the question, since a pitcher can throw almost anything, and often times they will not throw one of the best hitters in the game a juicy fastball down the middle. His timing will also be corrected faster if he sees more pitches (i.e. stops swinging at the first pitch and shows some patience).

Like I said, it's a pretty good bet he will be fine. It's only like a 4 game "slump" for him. I'll be worried if it continues for an extended period of time.

Good points in theory yet look at the 0-0 count splits for him last year..wow..he can swing 0-0 all he wants

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/5544/year/2013/miguel-cabrera

Rod reports Coles and Wally think they got him straighten out today and he'll get back on track tonight

We'll see

Back