Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tonight's April 15th game postponed

Bummer, I was looking forwards to seeing them play on cross-country skiis.

Seriously though, it's supposed to be like 34 degrees, how can you play baseball in that?

Smyly no longer in rotation for what's now a 2-game series vs. Indians -
Sanchez on Wed, Verlander on Thurs.

Tigers scheduled to play for next 12 days, so Smyly can't be skipped entirely. They will need a start from him no later than Sunday.

Last edited:
More snow in Detroit??
Must have set a record.

We did officially break the record today. We are at 94.8 inches of snow this winter. It is cold and breezy today. I think we also set a record for coldest high temperature on this day. When I was driving home at 4:30 my car thermometer said it was 32 degrees.

Last edited:
We did officially break the record today. We are at 94.8 inches of snow this winter. It is cold and breezy today. I think we also set a record for coldest high temperature on this day. When I was driving home at 4:30 my car thermometer said it was 32 degrees.

It was 28 degrees here at 2:30

damn...I was looking forward to the game. I haven't seen a game since they went out west.

We are already over 200 inches and possible for 1-2 inches tonight. Low of 22 for tonight.

I can't believe it snowed last night and today this be some nasty ass bullshit up in here, i didn't mean to say cancel the season they aren't any good anyway I meant to say with all due respect to those that still believe in AGW

with all due respect SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!

Thank you and have a pleasant evening

Last edited:
So it snows in April and that means AGW is disproved? Well, thank god, we can all get on with our lives again.

/sarcasm

I think global warming is supposed to cause more extreme weather in general? Even if it's associated with winter weather, such as the insane cold and snowfall we got this year. Heat waves last longer, cold spells linger on longer than usual, heavy precipitation is more common than light etc etc.

I think global warming is supposed to cause more extreme weather in general? Even if it's associated with winter weather, such as the insane cold and snowfall we got this year. Heat waves last longer, cold spells linger on longer than usual, heavy precipitation is more common than light etc etc.

Climate has always changed, and it always will. The assumption that prior to the industrial revolution the Earth had a ?stable? climate is simply wrong.

Ask the Ice Age survivors or the dinosaurs if they saw dramatic climate shifts.

6% of the total "greenhouse gases" can be attributed to man. Water vapour at 70% is by far the leader of greenhouse gases.

Truth. Earth (ground zero) temperatures have risen over the last 50 years. But weather balloons have shown no rise in atmospheric temperatures. Urban Heat Island is the term used for this phenomen. Population centers, with all that concrete and asphalt warm during the sunlight hours and never really cools down. As metro centers grow, so do the heating radius. The average temperatures in Phoenix, Arizona have changed over the last 50 years, yet the Grand Canyon hasn't.

If we went 2 years without extreme weather conditions, the term "global warming" would not be mentioned. Yet, at least once a year there is a extreme that must somehow prove there is global warming.

We could debate this (or baseball stats) all day long. Some have made up their mind despite evidence one way or the other. Heck, there are still some that believe the earth is flat. Can anyone here "truly" prove to them otherwise? Because some people require "visual" proof and evidence from what they deem credible.

Climate has always changed, and it always will. The assumption that prior to the industrial revolution the Earth had a ?stable? climate is simply wrong.

Ask the Ice Age survivors or the dinosaurs if they saw dramatic climate shifts.

6% of the total "greenhouse gases" can be attributed to man. Water vapour at 70% is by far the leader of greenhouse gases.

Truth. Earth (ground zero) temperatures have risen over the last 50 years. But weather balloons have shown no rise in atmospheric temperatures. Urban Heat Island is the term used for this phenomen. Population centers, with all that concrete and asphalt warm during the sunlight hours and never really cools down. As metro centers grow, so do the heating radius. The average temperatures in Phoenix, Arizona have changed over the last 50 years, yet the Grand Canyon hasn't.

If we went 2 years without extreme weather conditions, the term "global warming" would not be mentioned. Yet, at least once a year there is a extreme that must somehow prove there is global warming.

We could debate this (or baseball stats) all day long. Some have made up their mind despite evidence one way or the other. Heck, there are still some that believe the earth is flat. Can anyone here "truly" prove to them otherwise? Because some people require "visual" proof and evidence from what they deem credible.

Lol wasn't looking for a debate here. I don't really care how people feel about it, just wanted to debunk the perception that most people have (global warming = hotter weather/less snow etc.)

Hence why they changed it to "climate change", because by the words alone, "Global Warming" implies temperature increase.

Back