Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Justin Miller called up - Tyler Collins sent down

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers have called up reliever Justin Miller from Triple-A Toledo, per JWagner of the Toledo Blade. #Tigers will need to make corresponding move.
Mlive

Justin Miller called up from Hens, according to j wagnerblade. Could be depth move with 5 relievers used today and Smyly starting tomorrow.
Jason Beck

Most recent story was this from bybtb;
http://www.blessyouboys.com/2014/2/12/5393182/tigers-roster-justin-miller-pitcher-bullpen
Tigers roster preview: Justin Miller may be in the bullpen mix.

Tigers Justin Miller's stats as of 4/16: 4G, 1SV, 4.2IP, 3H, 2HB, 1BB, 6K,GO/AO .40, WHIP 0.86, held batters to .200 AVG in 15 at-bats.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2014/04/detroit_tigers_call_up_relieve.html
Detroit Tigers call up reliever Justin Miller from Triple-A Toledo, will need to make corresponding move.
from Mlive

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...to-call-up-reliever-Justin-Miller-from-Toledo
Report: Tigers set to call up reliever Justin Miller from Toledo.
from the detnews

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2014/4/...th-call-up-justin-miller-from-triple-a-toledo
Tigers add bullpen depth, call up Justin Miller from Triple-A Toledo.
from bybtb

http://beck.mlblogs.com/2014/04/17/justin-miller-reportedly-called-up-from-toledo/
Justin Miller reportedly called up from Toledo.
from JasonBeck'sTigersblog

Last edited:
I'm guessing either Krol or Reed will get sent down.

Could also be Collins, not that its even noticable that he's on the fucking team right now.

Ausmus is really pissing me off.

Tigers will have no announcement tonight on who goes down to make room for Justin Miller.

Sources told BYB it'll be Collins sent down tomorrow. Which means Don Kelly is our only backup outfielder.

*commits hara-kiri*

I'd rather Collins play everyday in Toledo than spot start with the big club.

He should have been getting more than spot starts, really. But i agree he's better off starting in toledo rather than rotting on our bench because ausmus is being stupid.

The scary thing is that kelly is our only backup OF now.

For those thinking #Tigers Justin Miller call up means there's a development in the Evan Reed case, not true. Confirmed: no charges filed.

I guessed Reed or Krol because they have thrown a lot of pitches the last few days and are not likely to be available tomorrow.

Never really thought much about Reed's situation outside of baseball.

He should have been getting more than spot starts, really. But i agree he's better off starting in toledo rather than rotting on our bench because ausmus is being stupid.

The scary thing is that kelly is our only backup OF now.

Hard to sit Davis though. He's been getting on base and holding his own in the field so far. I hated when Leyland would sit a hot bat just to get a guy in the lineup.

I just wish we had a veteran in Collins spot vs one of our prospects that should be playing everyday and developing right now.

Could also be Collins, not that its even noticable that he's on the fucking team right now.

Ausmus is really pissing me off.

I am a firm believer that a manager has little effect, except when it comes to lineups. Still, at this point, the difference between playing or not playing Collins is at most 1 win.

Additionally, I despise the notion to "ride someone while they are hot". It gives a false sense and when the player regresses, it takes twice to three times (or 5 times) as long to get them out of the lineup. It would be one thing to recognize they are no longer hot and get them out of the lineup, but most managers don't (at least Leyland and Girardi). And the leaving them in too long negates "riding them when they were hot".

Playing the percentages and the best matchups is always the best route. But that is just my opinion.

The "fault", my fellow Tiger fans, is not in the manager, but in the players, for the moment. So much is made of the initial weeks and months of the season. Were the Tigers in a 6-5 stretch in July and lost a game or two in the standings in the process, with the identical chain of events, would we be storming the figurative gates of the organization? I doubt that. Ausmus will affect a handful of games this season, but the players will affect them all.

The "fault", my fellow Tiger fans, is not in the manager, but in the players, for the moment. So much is made of the initial weeks and months of the season. Were the Tigers in a 6-5 stretch in July and lost a game or two in the standings in the process, with the identical chain of events, would we be storming the figurative gates of the organization? I doubt that. Ausmus will affect a handful of games this season, but the players will affect them all.

The Yang to the Yin of your post is the only players who have an impact on the game are the ones the manager puts out there.

Right now it's pretty hard to question why Rajai Davis is starting vs. RHP's. Although I do believe he will struggle against them at some point, following closer to his career splits. But I'm happy he is producing while he is getting playing time.

I also wish Romine would get the bulk of the starts. We know SS is not going to be an offensive position, we knew this in the offseason, but Gonzalez has been pretty bad at times fielding, and Romine has a rocket for an arm, and seemingly great range (from what I have witnessed). He's young, and we might as well see what he's got. We know what Gonzalez has, or rather had.

I just don't know who we put in against RHP. Collins has looked overwhelmed, and the rumor of him being sent down, whose else is there? I don't like it either but it's either Davis or Kelly.

I just don't know who we put in against RHP. Collins has looked overwhelmed, and the rumor of him being sent down, whose else is there? I don't like it either but it's either Davis or Kelly.

He has, but it's not going to get better sitting on the bench. Remember these are his first AB's above AA, it's not like he's going to tun into a good hitter instantly. So Either you have to give him some AB's or send him down and let him get AB's there.

He has, but it's not going to get better sitting on the bench. Remember these are his first AB's above AA, it's not like he's going to tun into a good hitter instantly. So Either you have to give him some AB's or send him down and let him get AB's there.

I'm all for getting the young bats in to. But I don't think Ausmus feels the same, he plays Davis and Gonzalez..but sending him down which I'm okay with its still just Davis in left

Back