Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vizquel Comeback?

Why trade for 2 SS and then still sign Drew and lose a draft pick?

Maybe I read it differently, but I thought he was joking. I thought it was more of a insult on our drafts.

Drew wants a big contract I assume, lots of years. Not a chance.

I read a few weeks ago that he'd take a one year deal. The draft pick is what's keeping him from being signed I'd assume.

Can we sign him one year, then offer 14.1 - then get a pick the following year? Of course he'd probably take the 14.1 qualifying offer. Or maybe you can't do it I don't really no.

Either way I don't want any of Drew draft pick or not.

Can we sign him one year, then offer 14.1 - then get a pick the following year? Of course he'd probably take the 14.1 qualifying offer. Or maybe you can't do it I don't really no.

No, once he wasn't signed by the start of the season he's free of the qualifying offer.

from what I understand once the season started if a team only signs him to a one year deal they would NOT get a comp pick.

When I seen the back of his jersey while coaching 1st base, it dawned on me why not? but then I heard how old he was and how long it's been since he played.

They need to call Worth up and dump Gonzo, he is horrible. That Lettuce guy can't hit a lick either. They would have been better off staying with Lombarsnoozie

Back