Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Alex Gonzalez released

The Tigers board has been like that for some time. There are a certain few that can share their opinion freely, and any opposition to that is considered causing trouble or trolling.

This is your opinion.

Look at what Kaline just said. Spock is tired of being argued with. Well boo fuckin hoo. Maybe he shouldn't post on a message board, then

He isn't being argued with, doesn't need to read a shit storm when a few posters post and a few others are ready to disagree with it.

There wasn't a personal attack, much of the same, which sounds like it's boring to you.

Nope. Not boring. Like you said, I'm sharing my opinion.

If anyone wants to disagree with it....so be it. It's an internet message board.....I couldn't care less if someone does.

Why? Only two ways to stop it, close a thread or give someone a 2 day/5 day ban. You seem to want this to stop so what else is there..

I want the petty childish arguing to stop over really nothing, the few posters are splitting hairs.
Closing a thread as soon as someone farts will cause more problems.

No one KC but I'm a mod just like you. You just can't make a speech now and then.

I want the petty childish arguing to stop over really nothing, the few posters are splitting hairs.
Closing a thread as soon as someone farts will cause more problems.

I didn't say after one small beef. But it won't stop unless something is done.

Why? Only two ways to stop it, close a thread or give someone a 2 day/5 day ban. You seem to want this to stop so what else is there..

Trying to talk this all out (mostly) calmly and rationally is probably going to be a better first step rather than to just start closing threads and swinging the banhammers, which is why I'm trying that now. I know Im not always right, always liked, always calm (i like using caps lock and profanity a lot lols), and not always innocent of participating in it, but everyone, on all sides of the arguing, is getting tired of all the conflict so I figure I might as well start trying to work it all out.

Last edited:
No one KC but I'm a mod just like you. You just can't make a speech now and then.

Oh I get it, I have to ask permission to ask the few to stop the pettiness, but you can close a thread just like that.

You posts that kind of stuff here and other boards, and don't think of asking if it's ok,
because you're a mod, so you're telling me I'm a less of a mod here?????? on the Tigers board??

Trying to talk this all out (mostly) calmly and rationally is probably going to be a better first step rather than to just start closing threads and swinging the banhammers, which is why I'm trying that now. I know Im not always right, always liked, always calm (i like using caps lock and profanity a lot lols), and not always innocent of participating in it, but everyone, on all sides of the arguing, is getting tired of all the conflict so I figure I might as well start trying to work it all out.

But that's not happening. I'm not going to throw the"banhammer" or at first cause or close thread. But if it continues then the only other option is to leave thread and go elsewhere. The insults have been going on forever, it's not stopping.

Oh I get it, I have to ask permission to ask the few to stop the pettiness, but you can close a thread just like that.

You posts that kind of stuff here and other boards, and don't think of asking if it's ok,
because you're a mod, so you're telling me I'm a less of a mod here?????? on the Tigers board??

Who says that? You make it sound like I work for you. Mod like you is not less than you. Quit making up shit.

We need to be on the same page.

It bothers you, the insults and petti behavior - correct? Well it bothers me too and a ton other people. I was bringing out solutions. They might not be the perfect solutions but it was it is.

Then what should we do..

It bothers you, the insults and petti behavior - correct? Well it bothers me too and a ton other people. I was bringing out solutions. They might not be the perfect solutions but it was it is.

Then what should we do..

Use the private forum.

Mods calling mods out surely isn't helping anything here. Just my opinion.

This is a stupid argument. I was merely countering spocks money post with an opinion of my own. That how much of Illitch's money is spent on this team has shit to do with us. It's his money.

Spock, I apologize for what this evolved to. Not my intentions.

Side note: Kudos to mitch and UM for somehow having an civilized debate while that cluster fuck was going on

Mods calling mods out surely isn't helping anything here. Just my opinion.

This is a stupid argument. I was merely countering spocks money post with an opinion of my own. That how much of Illitch's money is spent on this team has shit to do with us. It's his money.

Spock, I apologize for what this evolved to. Not my intentions.
NP man, I figured you probably didn't mean it like it came off, but it seemed like a good place to try to start the overall discussion on the stuff goin on around here especially since a few other people commented it on it before I saw it so the ball was already rolling without having gotten crazy yet.

gotime909 said:
Side note: Kudos to mitch and UM for somehow having an civilized debate while that cluster fuck was going on
Same, that was pretty great haha. Its what i wish most of our arguments and discussions around here were like atm.

Last edited:
NP man, I figured you probably didn't mean it like it came off, but it seemed like a good place to try to start the overall discussion on the stuff goin on around here especially since a few other people commented it on it before I saw it so the ball was already rolling without having gotten crazy yet.

Same, that was pretty great haha. Its what i wish most of our arguments and discussions around here were like atm.

At the risk of being banned I'm gonna leave that alone.....although, I will say that it's the first time I've been flamed by a mod. lol

Back