Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MLB-TV APP from Windows (8-8.1) store

Thumb

Does anyone have this? I saw it today and thought about grabbing it until I saw the rating and reviews.

Several people there complaining it just does not work period, others saying it needs to update several times a day.

If someone has this, or had, and can post an honest opinion of the app, I'd appreciate it, hard to trust the reviews online since often people are just cranky or cynical about any little thing.

TIA

Reviews can be like that but I wouldn't look totally past it..the Android version/iPad version had loads of problems at the start.

Once the problems were ironed out it was a great app. But I don't know about this one so no help sorry..

Ah I just read the fine print, it only works if you have the premium account from MLBTV.

So disregard this post, or if a mod wants to delete it that's cool too.

Ah I just read the fine print, it only works if you have the premium account from MLBTV.

So disregard this post, or if a mod wants to delete it that's cool too.

They do give you a free ML game a night with the app. Kind of like MLB Network. That's without a premium account anyway.

Downloaded the app and it appears so far to work beautifully. Got the Marlins-Braves game on the other pc, I'd buy the premium package in a heartbeat if I could get Tigers games on it.

Downloaded the app and it appears so far to work beautifully. Got the Marlins-Braves game on the other pc, I'd buy the premium package in a heartbeat if I could get Tigers games on it.

Yeah that's the thing those Tigers games will be backed out if you live in the area..

I'm fortunately I get Fox Detroit Sports in Arizona. Not sure what I'll do for the Lions, NFL package is so damn extensive on directv.

Edit: of course you live in the thumb so I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I've been debating canceling my cable if I can find a way to watch tigers games online. I take it you're in the blackout area?

Yeah, I watch Tigers games on an online stream that is from MLB.tv, but you never know who's announcers you will get.

And yes, I'm still in the blackout area.

I pay for the games and can watch (or listen) to them all except versus the Yankees or Mets. That is only on MLBTV though. I can still watch all the games because I get the TV for the Yankees (YES) and the Mets (SNY).

Yeah, I watch Tigers games on an online stream that is from MLB.tv, but you never know who's announcers you will get.

And yes, I'm still in the blackout area.

I was reading something the other day about using a "proxy server" to get around blackouts. You ever thought of trying that?

My wife has since decided that we are keeping the cable. I think she just couldn't go on without knowing what the "Real housewhores of whatever city" are doing.

Anyways, here's the link to what I was looking at.

http://mlbtvblackout.blogspot.com/2009/07/mlbtv-blackout-workaround-bypass.html

The problem with proxy servers are they can degrade a stream. Because they have to bounce the stream from the source, through the proxy, then to you, and back. many free proxy servers tend to be low quality in places like eastern europe or asia.

I have not had good luck using proxy to work around a blackout.

Last edited:
Back