Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Designate Robertson is now DetroitTigerSnark Blog

Designate Robertson Blog

I was never able to post DNR-Tigers blog at espn due to the espn filters that prohibited the word(s) in the link, blogspot. Same for on or the other of baseball reference or fangraphs.
Been posting ROGO stories since this board started.
So many times I have been reading one of the stories and literally spit out either coffee or my cigar. lol...Very entertaining

Designate Robertson Blog

There was a post by him right before the playoffs, if I can find it, it's well worth the read.

Designate Robertson Blog

Greatest picture of Salem ever!!!!!!

Designate Robertson Blog

Maize&blue21 said:
http://designaterobertson.blogspot.com/2011/10/art-of-pre-game-speech.html

Pretty damn funny..

Designate Robertson Blog

The guys really is a funny writer... Today's is pretty good to about a Twins writer.

Designate Robertson Blog

Turok said:
Now it must be vampire movies like Underworld, Blade, The Matrix, Van Helsing, and that recent teen-vamp saga "Twilight" that entices people into looking like they were in a coma for 30 years, or just climbed out of their coffins.

One of these things is not like the other ones.

Designate Robertson Blog

MalFunkShun said:
Turok said:
Now it must be vampire movies like Underworld, Blade, The Matrix, Van Helsing, and that recent teen-vamp saga "Twilight" that entices people into looking like they were in a coma for 30 years, or just climbed out of their coffins.

One of these things is not like the other ones.

Yeah, Blade has a black guy.

Designate Robertson Blog

Maize&blue21 said:
http://designaterobertson.blogspot.com/2011/10/art-of-pre-game-speech.html

Classic. He has to be an ex-player...

Designate Robertson Blog

Wow, you guys picked the Matrix as the thing that was different from the others?

How about that the first 4 are manly action flicks that help grow hair on your chest, and increase the circumference of your testicles by watching.

Twilight is a homo story of eyeliner and glitter that will cause you to start your period when watched.

Designate Robertson Blog

Decent article... Good list... He missed Ron LeFlore but I am ok with it... A shame Detroit waited till 1959 to break the color barrier...

Designate Robertson Blog

Turok said:
Rogo obviously is a diehard Tigers fan....BUT he is also a Chicago Bears and Bulls fan.

Since he apparently resides in Toledo, I can somewhat understand his not being a Lions or Pistons fan, esp the former due to their SB-era history of being mediocre or bust, but he also claims to be a Avs fan, and that unfortunately is right where I must draw the line...ugh.

What an eclectic mix of pro-teams he has, but there are some on this Proboards forum who also have a pretty weird mix of favorite professional and college teams, likely due in some degree to family ties and/or geographic location while in one's tweens, teens, and/or 20s.
I think I win. Detroit Tigers, Detroit Pistons, Indianapolis Colts, Calgary Flames, and Michigan Wolverines. First two go hand and hand but the other two pro teams are out there.

Designate Robertson Blog

I'd just like to say thanks for reading my junk and the kind words.

As for my sports teams, 1985 was when I got into baseball and football. The Tigers came first and remain my favorite of any sport, obviously. I'm still bitter that I missed out on the magic of '84. '85, as you recall, was that famous Bears team of McMahon, Payton, Perry, Singletary, etc, and I was in awe. Supported them ever since. However I'm not too much of a Bears homer to admit that Barry Sanders remains the greatest player I've ever seen.

A couple years later, as the Bad Boys rose to the top of the NBA, my friends were all into the Pistons and I followed suit and started watching b-ball. But the more I watched, as much as I respected guys like Dumars, Vinnie Johnson, and Rodman...I just hated Laimbeer, Mahorn, and Isiah with a passion. The Bulls were their rivals at the time and I was in awe of Jordan and company. Thus the Bulls thing. I got lucky getting on that bandwagon before it really took off.

As for the Avs, I'm not a big hockey guy. But I always resented the Wings for their success while the Tigers rotted for so many years. So I rooted for the Avs to be a bitter jerk.

Anyway, that's that. Again, thanks for supporting my nonsense. Take care.

Back