Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Designate Robertson is now DetroitTigerSnark Blog

Then go away. No one is forcing you to read any of this. If you wanna read nothing but sunshine and rainbows, go read the Freep or Detroit News tigers articles and nothing else.

Rogo has been doing his blog for years (both this one and his old one.) Most of us love it, if you don't like it, don't read it.

A few things, you should try taking your own advice, if you don't like my post.

secondly, i'm not a 'sunshine and rainbows' kind of fan, but there is the other side of that coin which is equally as bad.

thirdly, how do I know if I am going to like something if I don't read it?

I read it and found it pessimistic to nauseating levels, what i'm trying to figure out is why so many of the posters here are so masochistic about this team? For example i'm getting these snarky attacks just because I don't care for this guy's negative Tiger blog he wrote.

negative = pessimistic.

my point is nearly everything i read here is negative towards this team, having positive outlook on anything Tigers related is borderline frowned upon.

Jesus man, the blog is meant to be satirical. He posts from the POV of a longtime suffering Tigers fan, and he even point out that you're not supposed to take what he says seriously.

Aside from that, 99% of what he mentioned is pretty spot on when you take off the rose colored glasses.

The whole point of the article was about to counter all the hype that comes out this time of year. I mean, how many actually thought Brandon Inge was going to become a .300 hitter the year he had that corrective eye surgery? Spring Training is nothing but optimistic, feel good stories.

Basically, Spring Training is the month-plus of lies and nonsense leading up to actual baseball in April. If you’re an eternal optimist, incredibly gullible, and/or a reporter getting paid to be in Florida instead of Michigan in February/March, I guess it’s a nice time.

So Rogo put out a fair, slightly pessimistic counter to everything else you might read this spring. Does anyone here actually think Joel Hanrahan will be useful? Who doesn't like the comparison of Rondon to Zumaya?

Bury your head in the sand if you want, but this team has a ton of questions that need answered and you aren't going to get them in Spring Training. We won't know what type of team we have until at least the All Star break, but we can make educated guesses based on recent track records.

Pessimistic or just being a realist?

If the actual media wrote stories like this, we would not need this blog. Tony Paul is about the only one who covers the Tigers without the orange-and-black-striped-colored glasses.

It was INGE=HOF!!! on the Tigers ESPN messageboard (which was one of the best MLB team boards on that site IMHO)

As far as Rogos's TigerSnark, I have to wonder if his interest in blogging about the team will wane more quickly than last year, especially if it comes out flat to start the season. I certainly have lower expectations about the upcoming season than in the recent past, and would consider anything above the team being competitive as an unexpectedly pleasant surprise.

His interest waned pretty early last year too, he despised the Fister trade (and still does), had real life stuff came up, and didnt enjoy rooting for the team as much because of some of the players. and i think ausmus too.

Back