Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miggy's glasses

kingofdetroit57

Did they mention anything on the broadcast about Miggy wearing glasses last night? I heard the news update girl notice it and mention it during her update on the radio, but it was in the context of, "Oh, Miggy is wearing glasses tonight..." I flipped the game on around the 3rd inning and watched it through until the end and didn't hear anyone mention it.

The night game he had the clear glasses. Today none.
In the past he has worn colored glasses some sort of light blue or reddish/pink right?

Maybe those glasses he night have thought were interfering with seeing the ball? So he tried the clear glasses for the night? Just guessing.

I have not seen a thing on the glasses in all the Tigers news I have posted.

I tweeted to Jason Beck last night, he answered today.

@beckjason Was there a reason Miggy wore clear glasses Wednesday nights game?
He always wears tinted glasses.

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason @KalineCountry He said he was keeping wind and pollen out of his eyes, which have been bothering him this week.

Oh.

I thought maybe he had been crafting his own bats in the clubhouse with one of those bat making grinders, and the glasses were to protect his eyes from wood chips.

EDIT: A lathe, that's right. That's what them things are called.

Last edited:
I tweeted to Jason Beck last night, he answered today.

@beckjason Was there a reason Miggy wore clear glasses Wednesday nights game?
He always wears tinted glasses.

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason @KalineCountry He said he was keeping wind and pollen out of his eyes, which have been bothering him this week.
Thanks for digging into this, KC!

It was starting to get strange because you'd see him with them for an at bat here and there, or in the field then not at bat. I was wondering if it was for glare or something other than being prescription, even though they were clear (i.e., not tinted) glasses, but I never heard the announcers say anything about it.

Back