Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Cardinals 5-16-2015 Game #37

molina is a tough out. Soria strikes him out!! Wow!!

Tigers Win over the Cards 4 - 3!
Miggy Home run # 400!
Tigers Victory Cigar!!!!! and a bowl of ice-cream!!!

I really wanted to watch this to see Miggy hit 400. Bums me out I missed it.

STREAKS AND STATS:

Miguel Cabrera hit the 400th home run of his career in the first inning off Tyler Lyons. The home run moved him past Andres Galarraga for the most in MLB history by a Venezuelan-born player. It was the 262nd home run of Cabrera's Tigers career, tying him with Willie Horton for fourth place in franchise history.

Rajai Davis' triple in the top of the third inning was the 30th of his career and the Tigers' 14th of the season. The 14 triples as a team ties them for the major league lead with the Kansas City Royals. Last season, the Tigers did not hit their 14th triple until July 9.

J.D. Martinez drew a walk in the third inning, his 14th of the season and ninth of the month of May. Martinez did not draw nine walks in a single month in 2014. Martinez drew another walk later in the game, his 10th of the month.

Ian Kinsler collected his 17th multi-hit game of the season today, breaking a tie with Jose Altuve and Prince Fielder for the American League lead.

STREAKS AND STATS:

Miguel Cabrera hit the 400th home run of his career in the first inning off Tyler Lyons. The home run moved him past Andres Galarraga for the most in MLB history by a Venezuelan-born player. It was the 262nd home run of Cabrera's Tigers career, tying him with Willie Horton for fourth place in franchise history.

Rajai Davis' triple in the top of the third inning was the 30th of his career and the Tigers' 14th of the season. The 14 triples as a team ties them for the major league lead with the Kansas City Royals. Last season, the Tigers did not hit their 14th triple until July 9.

J.D. Martinez drew a walk in the third inning, his 14th of the season and ninth of the month of May. Martinez did not draw nine walks in a single month in 2014. Martinez drew another walk later in the game, his 10th of the month.

Ian Kinsler collected his 17th multi-hit game of the season today, breaking a tie with Jose Altuve and Prince Fielder for the American League lead.

Speed and defense... team is getting close!!!! This is our Year!!!!!!!!

Miggy is unreal...we are really lucky we get to watch this guy hit every single night...and I've never seen an athlete have more fun playing a sport than Miggy does.

I watch the game on the Cardinal feed Saturday. Three running plays ran the Cards out of the game.
1 In the 7th Heyward tag up at second cost the cards a run. Had he played it half way on the double by Grichuk,(BTW) the Cards are high on him. Heyward would have scored easily.
2 The 8th inning DP was very special, Cabrera went to foul side of the field all most to the seats reached out for the pop and turned and threw a strike to 3rd. Kozma was out by a MILE AND HALF! Cardinals recalled when he played left field for the Fish. Man he still has an ARM. Man I can still see the throw. Molina following single could have scored the winning or insurance run.
3 Holliday's out at second in the 10th was a nail in the coffin. Talk about taking the air out of the sails. And then Adams followed with the single.
It was a good/needed win for the Tigers (Tied now with KC). But simple as this the Cards ran themselves right out of this game. BTW the Tigers D was great, throws right on line. Cards announcers were talking about Tigers running Hard ever time the ball was put into play. Except Price of course be might of been thinking of his resent miss step.
Sunday's Game on ESPN tonight. Should be a good one.

Last edited:
Back