Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Two "Get Away" Home Games to Start a Series Before the End of May

tinselwolverine

Against the Astros Thursday May 21 and the following Monday May 25 against the Athletics.

Talk about giving the opponent the jump on getting on to their next series, eh?

Maybe they moved get away game day up because both teams names begin with the letter A.

EDIT: Oh check that...the getaway game to start the series with the As is out this way.

Last edited:
Against the Astros Thursday May 21 and the following Monday May 25 against the Athletics.

Talk about giving the opponent the jump on getting on to their next series, eh?

Maybe they moved get away game day up because both teams names begin with the letter A.

EDIT: Oh check that...the getaway game to start the series with the As is out this way.

I haven't looked but it depends on what time they played the previous day. For example, if we played in the afternoon the Sunday before and the Wednesday before those games then it's enough time.

DET is home on the 20th. So being home against HOU for a day game isn't an issue.

They finish with HOU at 1:00 PM on Sunday and then play at 4:00 PM (7:00 PM EST) the next day in OAK. Again, not a big issue.

I'm just amused at "get away" start times to begin a series.

After Oakland is Anaheim; maybe I'll go down there Friday or Saturday or both.

I'm just amused at "get away" start times to begin a series.

After Oakland is Anaheim; maybe I'll go down there Friday or Saturday or both.

Could depend on several things..maybe the stadium is being used for something else at night. Maybe it's kids day or something - maybe they're promoting dumbbastry "skip a day at school and get a free hotdog."

I think there's a Raiders game.

Oh that's right it's Memorial Day Monday.

That's why it's a day game.

There's probably not a Raiders game at night at all.

It isn't even football season, is it?

Hey do you guys think everybody's going to be wearing special Memorial Day caps?

Back