Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Bad Contracts 2015

lonesometiger

1 Verlander 28 mill for 2015,16,17,18,19, this could be real trouble for some time! Way too many years.
2 Sanchez 16 mill for 2015,16,17, at least 18 has a buyout! I question this one when they signed him
3V. Martinez 14 mill for 2015, grab hold,18 for 2016,17,18. Hey he missed a whole season in his last contract!
4 Nathan 10 mill for 2015, 1 mill buyout for 2016 It all been said
5 Avila 5.4 mill for 2015 Took a chance
6 Perez .5085 mill No words cover this.

Total for 2015 = 69,485 Million, or the Houston Astros roster. I know not every contract can work out but most of these had bad written all over them at some point in time. just 2015 was a little early.

I guess DD sucks at extensions. But damn these are bad. I won how it stacks up to other teams bad contracts.

Actually there is only 2 bad ones among what you listed, JV and VMart.

Sanchez has had a bad start to the season, lets not act like he has never pitched up to his contract.

As bad as I dislike Nathan he was still the best closer on the market coming off back to back great seasons in Texas

1 year of a 2.0 war player with avila isnt a bad deal either at 5.4 m

The fact you have a minimum player like Perez shouldn't even count

Never compare our payroll to the Astro's. They had to stink for a long time to be in that situation..

Back