Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ White Sox 5-6-15 Game #28

manchild98

TIGERS (17-10):

Davis CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
Cespedes LF
JD RF
Castellanos 3B
McCann C
Iggy SS

Simon P Season: 4-1, 3.13 era. Lifetime vs. White Sox: 1-0, 8.31 era (4 relief appearances)

WHITE SOX (9-14):

Eaton CF
Cabrera LF
Abreu 1B
LaRoche DH
Garcia RF
Gillaspie 3B
Ramirez SS
Flowers C
Johnson C

Sale P Season: 2-1, 5.32 era. Lifetime vs. Tigers: 6-5, 2.85 era

The White Sox are 7-3 at home and 2-11 on the road.

Sale is 6-5 with a 2.85 ERA and 112 strikeouts in 98 innings against the Tigers, including six innings of two-run ball April 18 in Detroit. Sale is unbeaten in his last three starts against the Tigers dating back to last summer, and he has nine consecutive quality starts against them since 2013. Sale is coming off of his worst start career-wise by runs allowed, giving up nine (eight earned) against the Twins last Thursday. He also matched a career low in a non-injury-shortened start with three innings pitched.

Simon was roughed up last time out. The Royals peppered him for nine hits and six runs, chasing him with one out in the fifth last Thursday.

Jose Abreu is hitting .459 (17-for-37) with two homers and seven RBIs in 11 career home games vs. Detroit.

Miggy was hitless for the third time in four games last night and hasn't fared well against Sale, going 7 for 32 with 12 strikeouts.

VMart is hitting .203 but is 15 for 32 with three homers and three doubles off Sale.
Iggy is back in the line up after suffering from groin tightness but is 3 for 16 over his past 6 games.

White Sox have committed 7 errors in their last 2 games.

Tigers are 12-3 in day games and 5-7 at night. Here are the run totals for the Tigers in their 12 night games this year: 2, 1, 2, 2, 4, 1, 5, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2.

Kinsler, Cabrera and Martinez have combined for zero extra-base hits in 119 at-bats during night games. Cabrera and Martinez have not driven in a single run in 78 combined at-bats at night.

Ok Tigers now that its been identified that you're not hitting your way out of a wet paper sack of shit at night, go fix it. I don't care if it's sale, sale isn't untouchable, he's been lit up already couple times this year. Go get it done, play with a chip on your shoulder and focus the frustration!

and hey JD notebook entry for ya? "Pitchers aren't going to give me anything good to hit again until I stop expanding the zone" k? no not that k, ok?

Last edited:
Holy shit, my alert from my mlb app can't be right......VMart homer?

Tigers gameday says.....that, by the way, was some home run trot by VMart around the bases at cellular field.

Tigers gameday says.....that, by the way, was some home run trot by VMart around the bases at cellular field.

Just saw the replay....that was a slow trot....not that I expect VMart to be moving quickly. He takes about 5 stutter steps before stepping on 3rd base.

Yes victor took an 0-2 pitch over the left field fence it was some sort of off speed pitch just before that he had whiffed on another by a good 6 feet on a pitch in the dirt that got by the catcher allowing miggy to advance to second. The knee doesn't bother him has much for the right side..he did trot slowly around the bases but I think that was just due to him having that knee problem..

He forgot to give sale the binocular sign though

Simon is having problems throwing strikes just like Greene was last night

Simon is having problems throwing strikes just like Greene was last night

Ausmus think Greene's issue is just mechanical...his body is getting ahead of his arm. Hopefully it's something simple like that.

Gets out of the jam with no further damage...keep scoring runs tonight.

Lucky to get out of that only giving up one
Gunna need lots more runs tonight bats
For the love of gawd JD take a couple of strikes this time around will ya please

There ya go see how that works JD! Perfect now make that a habit

Last edited:
Wow, I thought JD and Castellanos were about to both draw a walk in the same inning. Castellanos saves the day and flies out to right field.

Tigers gameday...1st time JD has reached base in May. Last time was April 29th.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought JD and Castellanos were about to both draw a walk in the same inning. Castellanos saves the day and flies out to right field.

Between those two at bats 9 consecutive pitches were taken before Nick flyed out NINE!

Last edited:
Back