Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Former Tiger Jim Walewander's fav Punk band still touring

turok

Never was a big fan of punk music, and it seems like most of the millenials prefer to listen to rap, hip-hop and/or boy bands/pop divas, so most of the other genres such as indie, metal, grunge, industrial, progressive, goth, ect... are now as likely as dead as the Dead Milkmen, as far as young people attending their concerts and buying..err..downloading their music.

But I suppose that if 20th century relics like the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith and AC/DC can still pull in the graybeards, then why not also a relatively obscure (even in their heyday) punk band?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/wat...moore-during-alabama-concert/comments/#disqus

Last edited:
I like how on baseball-reference one of his positions listed is pinch runner, lol. Though I'm not sure what Jim Walewander has to do with this punk band? The article doesn't mention him once and honestly Walewander was a pimple on the Detroit Tigers ass..

I like how on baseball-reference one of his positions listed is pinch runner, lol. Though I'm not sure what Jim Walewander has to do with this punk band? The article doesn't mention him once and honestly Walewander was a pimple on the Detroit Tigers ass..

Walewander's relationship with that band is in the first paragraph of his wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Walewander

But what I didn't know was that a local Detroit band had also recorded a song about him too...lol.

I was just paging through a book and saw a pic of Sparky with the Milkmen.

Back