Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Cardinals 5-17-2015 Game #38

tigermud

Detroit (23-14)

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Cabrera 1B
JD Martinez RF
Cespedes LF
Castellanos 3B
McCann C
Iglesias SS
Simon P

P: Alfredo Simon 4-1, 3.05 ERA

Cardinal hitters vs Simon

Cardinals (24-12):

Heyward RF
Carpenter 3B
Holliday LF
Peralta SS
Adams 1B
Molina C
Wong 2B
Bourjos CF
Lynn P

P: Lance Lynn 2-3, 3.27 ERA

Tiger hitters vs Lynn

Tigers going for the sweep, if succesful it will be the first time the cardinals have been swept at home in a series of more than 2 games since June 21-23, 2013, against Texas.

Game is televised on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.

Royals already won earlier today over the Yankee's 6-0, Tigers stand .5 games back of the lead in the central going into tonight's game.

I know that Victor had Thursday off and the entire NL series. Any word on him as far as getting a little more healthy or just business as usual?

I know that Victor had Thursday off and the entire NL series. Any word on him as far as getting a little more healthy or just business as usual?

They are hoping the rest for the 4 games will help his knee for batting lefthanded when he comes back. He should have been sitting to start the season.

They are hoping the rest for the 4 games will help his knee for batting lefthanded when he comes back. He should have been sitting to start the season.

probably so but I think that our opinion is mostly based on hindsight. I think the medical staff on situations like this have to rely on the word of the player. If the player says he feels fine you almost have to play him. Unfortunately, most players will say they feel fine too early. This is most likely the case with Vmart this year.

That's a crazy stat....Holliday has reached base safely in all 34 games so far this season.

Iggy keeps on hitting, if he keeps this up he could conceivably make the A.L. All-Star team.

That was a great catch! It looked like it was going over his head and made him turn.

Iggy keeps on hitting, if he keeps this up he could conceivably make the A.L. All-Star team.

AL shortstops? There isn't a single guy in the AL that is a "brand name" to begin with. What a shitty position this year. With his defense, the start he has had and no "brand name" SS in the AL...he should be the starter!

Lynn at 52 pitches already through 3 good long at bats from kinsler and miggy tonight get into their over taxed pen by the 6th maybe

AL shortstops? There isn't a single guy in the AL that is a "brand name" to begin with. What a shitty position this year. With his defense, the start he has had and no "brand name" SS in the AL...he should be the starter!

Yeah, but it's a popularity contest with the fan vote. People vote online all day for the players on the team they root for. East and West coast shithooks

Yeah, but it's a popularity contest with the fan vote. People vote online all day for the players on the team they root for. East and West coast shithooks

I'm sure, even though he's retired, Jeter will get voted in. :lmao:

Back