Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Houston At Detroit: Game 42

What just happened there? Did Kinsler leave the first base bag before the catch was made?

Even when they try to stay out of a DP they hit in one..

Martinez does not have good enough bat control for a hit and run play.

For the game up until now...

runner on 1st with less than 2 outs

3-8 and 3 GIDP

No extra base hits

Just trying to stay out of the DP. Hit it rather well I thought..

But that is 1 one on a million thing.

As a rule, high strike out guys are bad hit and run candidates. Miggy and V-Mart are the types you send the runners and take your chances.

Kinsler and Miggy, who was on first, ran on the pitch.

Kinsler was the one who got picked off and he was on first right? He should have known to get back to first base on the flyball; and Miggy should've been sent back by the third-base coach.

Just a bad baserunning AND coaching on that play

But that is 1 one on a million thing.

As a rule, high strike out guys are bad hit and run candidates. Miggy and V-Mart are the types you send the runners and take your chances.

I think you change it up when the DP's are coming fast and furious..

Kinsler was the one who got picked off and he was on first right? He should have known to get back to first base on the flyball; and Miggy should've been sent back by the third-base coach.

Just a bad baserunning AND coaching on that play

Miggy was on first, he bats after Kinsler. As far as getting back he was probably at the next base when it was hit..if you know you can't get back might as well keep running in case it drops in.

Sorry Miggy was 5th youngest to 1400.

Jimmie Foxx 30 years 225 days.
Lou Gehrig 31 years 44 days
Mell ott 31 years 71 days.
Aroid 31 years 315 days.
Miggy 32 years 33 days.
Albert pujols 32 years 198 days
Hank Aaron 32 years 198 days..

Yes that is what it said on tv for the bottom two guys.. Great list except for one fraud on it..

Last edited:
Sorry Miggy was 5th youngest to 1400.

Jimmie Foxx 30 years 225 days.
Lou Gehrig 31 years 44 days
Mell ott 31 years 71 days.
Aroid 31 years 315 days.
Miggy 32 years 33 days.
Albert pujols 32 years 198 days
Hank Aaron 32 years 198 days..

Yes that is what it said on tv for the bottom two guys.. Great list except for one fraud on it..

So 4th for the non steroid guys..

I like Collins but I am not so sure he is a long term solution for a left handed bat. Anybody have any ideas?

Back