Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Houston @ Detroit 5-22-2015 Game #43

tigermud

Detroit (25-17)

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Cabrera 1B
JD Martinez RF
Cespedes LF
Castellanos 3B
Davis DH
McCann C
Iglesias SS

P: Simon 4-2, 3.04 ERA

Houston (27-15)

Altuve 2B
Valbuena 3B
Springer RF
Gattis DH
Tucker LF
Rasmus CF
Carter 1B
Castro C
Gonzalez SS

P: McHugh 5-1, 4.09 ERA

Tigers start the night second place in their div, 2 back of the Royals and 1 ahead of the Twins in third. Game time forecast 63 and sunny. Davis in against RHP's now in place of Collins at DH?, I like it, I think the offense is better when Davis is in the lineup.

Tigers 1st,

Gose grounds out to second
Kinsler grounds out to first.
Miggy doubles to right
JD nicked by a pitch 2 on 2 outs
Ceps hacks away at 3 straight pitches last one in the dirt and k's to end the 2 out threat.

Stop hacking ceps.

Houston top 3

Kinsler boots a slow easy grounder with two outs guy on third springer then doubles to deep center, gattis flys out to left

Two unearned runs for Houston in the 3rd
2-0
Due up 9,1,2

Last edited:
Tigers third

Iggy singles to right

Gose bunt singles 2 on no outs

Kinsler short fly out to left runners can't advance

Miggy tied up in knots on breaking balls that slop into the ground

JD gets a breaking ball that hangs hits it a mile but just foul..pitcher says damn better not throw him that again, gives him a fastball and JD takes it to right and smashes it over the fence fair!

Ceps can of corn to left on the first pitch

Tigers 3 Houston 2

Last edited:
Tigers 4th

0-2 pitch single to right for Nick
Davis pop up to first 1 out
McCann another damn double play

46 gidp's on the year now

Put more guys in motion brad all these gidp's have gotten to be just a bit ridoulous, well not Nick but daaaaamn poeple they need to stop grounding into so many dp's

Last edited:
The tigers have grounded into 7 more doubles currently than another team in baseball

Tigers 5th

Iggy ground out 3rd

Gose sliced it over the left fielders head for an opposit field double

Kinsler grounder up the middle not hard enough SS gets to it gose to third 2 outs

Miggy quickly down 0-2 again swinging away at stuff out of the zone waste pitch high fouls off another one down and away missed a bb hanger still 1-2 takes another BB for ball 2 way inside for ball 3 fouls off another breaking ball, yet another bender fouls..mchugh throwing tones of breaking balls, ball four miggy draws a 10 pitch walk. I think only 3 of 10 were over the plate

JD takes strike 1 check swings at a breaking ball away 0-2, lays off another miggy takes off for second throw down gose takes off for home! Throw to second off throw back to home and gose is out damn nice try though

Last edited:
I'm not watching the game...just following the game on mlb.com...but it seems like every Tiger batter is falling behind 0-2 against McHugh.

Hey that catchers foot was blocking the slide path aren't they suppose to give them the lane now with that stupid rule change?

I'm not watching the game...just following the game on mlb.com...but it seems like every Tiger batter is falling behind 0-2 against McHugh.

Lots of them aren't strikes either..they can't lay off the off speed crap... they aren't being patient

Back