Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Houston @ Detroit 5-22-2015 Game #43

Tigers 8th

Chad qualls new pitcher forHouston

Miggy first pitch right over the bag at 1st, ball bounces off side wall right to the right fielder holding him to a single

JD k's on a steady diet of breaking balls

Ceps takes two for strikes, then hits a breaking ball down the third base line, 3rd baseman prolly should have come up with it right under his glove 2nd and 3rd one out

Nic hacks away at you guessed it more breaking balls, and k's

Davis first pitch swing grounder in the hole between short and third and Rajai beats it out! Tigers score one! 4-2 now

McCann ...Rajai steals second..McCann base hit up the middle plates two! Yes! 6-2 now

Iggy k's

With a four run lead now soria sits down tom gorzelanny coming in for the 9th

Last edited:
Agree that was brutal he just can't lay off the breaking balls down or down and away

The kid just turned 23 last month. He's been a big fish everywhere he's been before coming up last year. I'm sure he wasn't asked to do much but swing away up til now.

Edit: That was more a response to the post you quoted.

Last edited:
Tigers overcome the early Kinsler error and get a nice 6-2 win. We scored some runs and won a night game. We have only lost 1 game this year when scoring 6 or more runs (May 6th against the White Sox).

With the exception of Soria we all have bull pen concerns....but we are now 21-1 when leading after 7 innings.

Tigers beat the astros 6 - 2.

Tigers Victory Cigar!!!!! and a bowl of ice-cream!!!

Tigers overcome the early Kinsler error and get a nice 6-2 win. We scored some runs and won a night game. We have only lost 1 game this year when scoring 6 or more runs (May 6th against the White Sox).

With the exception of Soria we all have bull pen concerns....but we are now 21-1 when leading after 7 innings.

The pen has been much better than most of us thought it would be so far.

Other than never know your going to get with Al and a sometimes shaky joba the pen has been good, I really do wonder who goes down after Rondon comes back I don't think any of them really deserves to be moved out

Other than never know your going to get with Al and a sometimes shaky joba the pen has been good, I really do wonder who goes down after Rondon comes back I don't think any of them really deserves to be moved out

imo it could be Lobstein, or Al Al.

Still don't trust the pen untill they lock down a setup man. Sure as heck isnt Joba. Hopefully Nesbitt or Rondon can take that role by the all star break

And yes agree with that also the offense seems to work better when Rajai is in the line up keep him in it brad

Good win, good pitching tonight

imo it could be Lobstein, or Al Al.

I was thinking lobstein stays until JV comes back, they'd have to DFA Al wouldn't they? Or not? I'd be ok with them DFA Perez and going with an extra pen arm maybe..

Last edited:
I was thinking lobstein stays until JD comes back, they'd have to DFA Al wouldn't they? Or not? I'd be ok with them DFA Perez and going with an extra pen arm maybe..

I'm not sure if Al is out of options. He probably is, yeah make hernan perez the odd man out.

And yes agree with that also the offense seems to work better when Rajai is in the line up keep him in it brad

Good win, good pitching tonight

I`d still be cautious with him against RHP, his splits are pretty lopsided. Collins has done a good enough job to deserve some starts against righties

STREAKS AND STATS:

Miguel Cabrera extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a two-out double in the first inning on Friday night, his longest hitting streak of the season so far. Cabrera's last 10-game hitting streak was April 22-May 4, 2014. Soon after, Cabrera had an 11-game hitting streak from May 9-20, 2014, which he will hope to continue on Saturday. Cabrera has not had a 12-game hitting streak since May 14-26, 2013.

Alfredo Simon went seven strong innings for the fourth time this season in nine starts. Of those nine, Simon has also gone at least six innings in all but three starts, and has pitched less than five innings only once.

The Tigers grounded into their 45th double play of the season in the second inning, stranding two runners. They grounded into their 46th in the fourth. Shocking absolutely no one, that still leads MLB.

J.D. Martinez hit his ninth home run of the season in the third inning. An opposite field homer, Martinez has now hit six of his nine home runs the opposite way in 2015.

Jose Iglesias' bat has cooled off. In the last seven games, Iglesias has dropped from hitting above the .350-mark, to .322, and he is batting just .158 during that time. Since his last multi-hit game on May 15, Iglesias has just five hits, one walk, one RBI, and he did not score for 22 plate appearances before doing so in the third inning on J.D. Martinez's home run.

Friday night marked the 13th multi-hit game of the season for Anthony Gose, and the eighth for the month of May.

I'm not sure if Al is out of options. He probably is, yeah make hernan perez the odd man out.

Options

Hardy 3

Nesbit 3

Lobstein 2

AA 1

A. Wilson 1

No Options

Soria

Chamberlain

Gorlzelanny

Fielder without options

Iglesias

Romine

H. Perez

Even though they won the game

DET, man on 1st, less than 2 outs

1-11 2 GIDP

Even though they won the game

DET, man on 1st, less than 2 outs

1-11 2 GIDP

Not sure why these DP's are suddenly such a concern with some of you?

We finished 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd in GIDP's the last 4 years. In fact, the last time we finished outside the top 3 was 2010 when we finished 11th. It was also the last time we didn't make the postseason.

Back