Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Astros @ Tigers 5-23-15 Game #44

manchild98

TIGERS (26-17):

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
JD RF
Cespedes LF
Castellanos 3B
Collins DH
McCann C
Iggy SS

Lobstein P Season: 3-4, 4.29 era, has never faced Houston

ASTROS (27-16):

Altuve 2B
Villar 3B
Springer RF
Gattis DH
Tucker LF
Carter 1B
Castro C
Gonzalez SS
Marisnick CF

McCullers P Season: 0-0, 1.93 era, has never faced Detroit

Detroit hasn't won four in a row since its 6-0 start and is seeking to match its four-game home win streak to open this season.

McCullers is making his 2nd career start. McCullers, whose father pitched for the Tigers in 1990 (9 appearances, 1 start) as part of a seven-year career, yielded one run and three hits in 4 2/3 innings in a 2-1 loss to Oakland on Monday.

Lobstein will seek to avoid losing a third consecutive start in his first against Houston. He is 3-0 with a 2.75 ERA in day games this season and 0-4 with a 5.64 ERA at night.

Detroit is 17-4 in day games and Houston is 9-4. Cabrera is batting .455 with nine of his 10 homers and 27 of his 31 RBIs during the day.

Go Tigers! Not sure how much I'll be able to watch today will check in on em later and see how they did. Would prefer to see Davis stay in at DH over Collins but ok if he comes through I'll cue up holiday for em.

I like the idea of using either Gose or Raj for the DH.Keeps them both fresh and active.

Last edited:
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinsler bounces into a triple play.. Chance for a huge inning goes up in smoke
with a run in already..

I wonder how many of those we will bounce into this year :/

Last edited:
All with freaking two outs 2-2 now... Shift killed us there.. Ball was hit right to the shortstop.

Too bad he was not there because of the shift..

Last edited:
Gas can Al gives up the lead on a

a freaking 0-2 PITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a freaking dumb and terrible pitch.. Just awful..
I just hate stupid pitchers and teams that do not use the pitch
count properly.

WITH A FASTBALL THROWN RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE.

WE HAVE ONE OF THE DUMBEST STAFF IN BASEBALL when ahead in the count.

Last edited:
Then Nick just sits there watching a ball go right down the middle and k's after working the count to 3-0..

Then the first batter of the next inning Al gets the batter 0-2 and throw's a sweet nasty slider way off the plate and un-hit-able and k's the guy easy..

Just madden the pitch sequence that gave up the lead..

Highlighting Al's k's of FSD is flat out bull-crap unless they are talking about his mistake pitch that gave up the damn lead. Game should still be tied 2-2 if we were just smarter..

Ok here we go.. Bottom of the 8th.

Gose, Kinsler, and miggy due up!!!!!!!

bloop and a blast is all we need!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinsler bounces into a triple play.. Chance for a huge inning goes up in smoke
with a run in already..

I wonder how many of those we will bounce into this year :/

I'm actually surprised we haven't had one of those already during a VMart at bat.

Just a another poor offensive performance... The team just cannot seem to get a winning streak together since the 6-0 start.

Nick swings at ball 4..

I hate losing games like this... Just 1 freaking pitch changed the whole game..

Last edited:
This team is killing me. A f'n triple play, bad enough they are leading the league and or all of baseball in gidp's but a f'n triple play.
Lobstein walked the bases loaded right? I don't remember if he gave up any runs that inning, but a another pathetic game for the offense. wtf is the reason these guys are chasing and trying to hit 5 run homers on pitchers slop/offspeed pitches?????????????
f'n hacks should use a golf club for so many swings that are from thei ankles to mid shin.

The enigma that is Al Al.

Last edited:
Al pitched great except that brain dead 0-2 pitch fastball right down the freaking middle.

STREAKS AND STATS:

Miguel Cabrera extended his hitting streak to 11 games in the first inning on a two-out single to right-center field. Cabrera has not had a 12-game hitting streak since May 14-26, 2013, and his 11-game hitting streak ties J.D. Martinez for the longest hitting streak by a Tigers batter this season.

The Tigers grounded into a triple play in the fifth inning, the first they've done so since May 20, 2009 against the Texas Rangers. Of interest, Kinsler, who grounded into the triple play, was responsible for inducing the last double play on a line drive hit to him when he last played for the Rangers.

The last time the #Tigers turned a triple play was Aug. 1, 2001, against Seattle, when Damion Easley, Deivi Cruz and Shane Halter did it.

Last edited:
Back