Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Astros @ Tigers 5-24-15 Game #45

I can't remember ever bitching about Leyland because I don't think managers should shoulder the blame. But I have no clue why Ausmus left him out there after that pitch count and after he had already given up a homer earlier in that inning. It's not like he was pitching a gem and you are letting him ride it out at that point. Didn't make much sense to me. Seemed like an obvious managerial decision at that point. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now.

STREAKS AND STATS:

Miguel Cabrera extended his hitting streak to 12 games with a double to left in the first inning, surpassing J.D. Martinez for the longest hitting streak on the team. Cabrera's last 13-game hitting streak was Aug. 18-31, 2010. His only 14-game hitting streak was Sept. 10-24, 2012, and Cabrera's career-high is 20 games.

Anthony Gose walked, singled, and doubled, giving him the 14th multi-hit game of the season and the seventh two-hit game this year.

Yoenis Cespedes hit his 16th double of the season in the fifth inning, which leads the American League. The hit also gave him his 17th multi-hit game of the season, one behind Ian Kinsler, who leads the team with 18 multi-hit games.

The home run allowed by Anibal Sanchez to Evan Gattis was the 10th home run Sanchez has given up in a season since he gave up 20 in 2012.

The 11 strikeouts by Anibal Sanchez set a new high for the season. Sanchez has recorded 10-or-more strikeouts in a game for the 11th time in his career, and first time since August 3, 2014 against Colorado when he struck out 12 batters.

Miguel Cabrera's home run in the ninth inning was his 11th of the season, and his 263rd home run as a member of the Tigers, passing Willie Horton for sole possession of fourth in franchise history.

And they are headed out west now for 7 games, now that oak and ca teams really aren't that great this year should be able to beat up on them...but yeah I didn't think they'd struggle so badly and drop two of three to the freakin Brewers either and its out west so pfffsst idk this team just isn't great..it's good, but not great

I'm not sure if taking Sanchez out before all that damage in the 6th would have lead to a tigers victory today or not but I do think brad wasn't prepared for that move by Houston ph with tucker in the 6th I think that caught brad completely off guard and unprepared

Jmo

Last edited:
Maybe brad should start pacing back and forth in the dugout all the time plotting what if conditions instead of just looking at gene all the time like a deer caught in headlights

A veteran Tigers team that has been in the World Series 2012, almost made the world series 2013, and still with a window open with wheeling and dealing DD losing a key player and getting other players in here, and the Tigers give the job to an unproven rookie manager.
A guy who was a player and had very little exposure as a coach? A rookie manager with a veteran world series favorite team.
We mostly gave him a pass last year, despite some farts and shitting himself at times. It's much the same this year, and he's getting schooled by a few managers just a little over a quarter of the way into the season. wtf!!

I really don't think Brad has been the main problem this year. All managers will make a few "gut" decisions that don't work out. I really can't think of a ton of bad calls.

Sure, today AS may have been left in a tad long. But he was cruising pretty damn good after that rough first. Just look at yesterday. Brad had a similiar decision with Lobstein. He takes him out when he got in trouble and Al gets ahead 0-2 and makes what might have been the worst pitch of any pitcher this season. Game basically over then.

I think our biggest problems have been our players not doing their jobs. Is it a concentration problem? Bad luck? Injuries? I'd guess a perfect storm of all those things.

It's frustrating for sure, but we are a better team than what we've shown. I'm hopeful that as the season moves along some of those things will start to turn for the better.

I really don't think Brad has been the main problem this year. All managers will make a few "gut" decisions that don't work out. I really can't think of a ton of bad calls.

Sure, today AS may have been left in a tad long. But he was cruising pretty damn good after that rough first. Just look at yesterday. Brad had a similiar decision with Lobstein. He takes him out when he got in trouble and Al gets ahead 0-2 and makes what might have been the worst pitch of any pitcher this season. Game basically over then.

I think our biggest problems have been our players not doing their jobs. Is it a concentration problem? Bad luck? Injuries? I'd guess a perfect storm of all those things.

It's frustrating for sure, but we are a better team than what we've shown. I'm hopeful that as the season moves along some of those things will start to turn for the better.

I hope you're right. I am swearing way too much while watching them.

Last edited:
I hope you're right. I swearing way too much while watching them.

When Kinsler hit into that triple play yesterday, I don't think there was a single person in my section that didn't let out some version of an f bomb phrase.

Brad is up to about 2-5 game already he has ben really subpar in.. Problem with today is AS had a really bad first inning.. Then cruised with double digit strikeouts and then gave up a homer again to make 7-4 then gave up 2 more hits before the tying homer.. He was 100+ pitches in.. The kid had already had a pinch hit homer in the series.. AS needed to be replaced.. I am sure as mentioned up Brad did not have a lefty warming up and ready... But I still do not care.. Wilson should have come in even if the lefty was not ready... But not being ready is just bad managing... Like Ron mentioned I hope you are right but the prof is there today.. Brad did a horrible job managing the pen today.

Sorry you whole section had F-bombs with IK's triple play...
But in my house it was
That was F-------- ridicules, are you F-ing kidding me!!!!!

Last edited:
i'm glad I wasn't watching or listening for that triple play Saturday, prolly wouldn't have broke some shit if I had been, whew..

Also it is clean that Brad is either dumb or just plain stubborn because Sanchez has been having trouble after the 6th inning for well over a year now. For Brad not to be ready for something anything is just poor managing.. He had Wilson up but I am sure the lrfty he had warming up started a tad later and was not ready for Tucker as Brad sent Jones to the mound.. No way should AS had been left in to face Tucker.

Back