Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ A's 5-25-15 Game #46

According to some key stats, the Tigers have one of the best offenses in baseball.
They lead the majors in on-base percentage, are third in slugging percentage and second in OPS, but are barely in the top 10 in the most important category -- runs scored.

A big reason for the shortfall is a seemingly endless string of rally-killing double plays. With the three on Monday, Detroit has grounded into 51 this season -- 10 more than any other team. They are on pace for 180, which would break the 1990 Boston Red Sox's major-league record of 174.

Using the Runs Created formula that Bill James developed in the 1980s, the Tigers should have 231 runs through 46 games, but they've actually only scored 200. Another 31 runs of offense would normally translate to about three more wins, which would put them in a first-place tie with the Royals.

Whos bright idea was it to start collns, hackathon Perez and a rookie call up all on the same day. Pfffsst wtf do you expect brad geesh

This team isn't very good

We're missing VMart and Iggy and Miggy are both hobbled. Who else should he have started?

According to some key stats, the Tigers have one of the best offenses in baseball.
They lead the majors in on-base percentage, are third in slugging percentage and second in OPS, but are barely in the top 10 in the most important category -- runs scored.

A big reason for the shortfall is a seemingly endless string of rally-killing double plays. With the three on Monday, Detroit has grounded into 51 this season -- 10 more than any other team. They are on pace for 180, which would break the 1990 Boston Red Sox's major-league record of 174.

Using the Runs Created formula that Bill James developed in the 1980s, the Tigers should have 231 runs through 46 games, but they've actually only scored 200. Another 31 runs of offense would normally translate to about three more wins, which would put them in a first-place tie with the Royals.

Very frustrating for sure. I don't think they could've hit into more DP's if they were actually trying to.

We're missing VMart and Iggy and Miggy are both hobbled. Who else should he have started?

Davis in place of Collins, lettuce in place of a call up or at first absolutely can't stand Perez he is one of if not the worst hacker I have ever seen, lettuce actually hasn't been an auto out this year what did he do to get another bench start over Perez or a call up? I don't get it

Last edited:
Davis in place of Collins, lettuce in place of a call up or at first absolutely can't stand Perez he is one of if not the worst hacker I have ever seen, lettuce actually hasn't been an auto out this year what did he do to get another bench start over Perez or a call up I don't get it

Collins had 2 of our 4 hits today.

Now Perez, I'm with you on that. I'd rather see Gene Lamont pick up a bat and try to hit vs Perez getting another AB for this team.

There isn't any lineup that we can put out there that will look good with VMart and Miggy not in it. That's just the sad truth.

Now Perez, I'm with you on that. I'd rather see Gene Lamont pick up a bat and try to hit vs Perez getting another AB for this team.

There isn't any lineup that we can put out there that will look good with VMart and Miggy not in it. That's just the sad truth.

Good for him Davis is still a better option the offense works better when Davis is in it

V Mart has been shit all year. The only thing that was missing was Miggy...which is a lot but not enough to win that game!

IMO go ahead and DFA that hackin Perez fool is anyone claims him send them a thank you card

Whos bright idea was it to start collns, hackathon Perez and a rookie call up all on the same day. Pfffsst wtf do you expect brad geesh

This team isn't very good

exactly! Leyland would do the same shit,and start 3 or 4 mudhens.I can see giving Miggy a day off from time to time,but we can't afford any other sticks out at the same time.

VMart, Avila and Iglesias are all out hurt. Collins is more than acceptable to be playing against RHP. Perez and Machado have no business being on the 40-man roster, let alone the 25-man roster. But that isn't Ausmus' fault, that is on DD.

Oh and Perez is out of options... Nice work DD.. keeping a unmovable piece on the roster...

Back