Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ A's 5-27-15 Game #48

manchild98

TIGERS (27-20):

Davis RF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
Cespedes LF
JD DH
Castellanos 3B
Holaday C
Machado SS
Gose CF

Wilson P Season: 1-1, 2.29 era, 1st career start

A’s (17-31):

Burns CF
Reddick RF
Zobrist 2B
Vogt C
Butler DH
Muncy 1B
Lawrie 3B
Fuld LF
Sogard SS

Kazmir P Season: 2-3, 3.09 era (1.25 whip), Lifetime against Tigers 5-5 (15 starts), 3.51 era

Tigers have only managed 10 hits (all singles) and 1 run in the first 2 games but somehow still have a chance to win this series. Tigers are 24-7 when scoring first and 3-13 when they don’t.

Scheduled starter Alfredo Simon has been placed on the bereavement list so he can be with his father in the Dominican Republic. Left-hander Kyle Ryan was supposed to start today but it appears he couldn’t make it to the game on time. Alex Wilson will get the start. Expect to see Blaine Hardy as well.

The A's are trying to bounce back from their first loss in four games by turning to Scott Kazmir who is 0-3 with a 5.32 ERA in his last four starts. Kazmir went 1-0 with a 1.26 ERA in two starts against the Tigers last year, tossing a six-hitter in a 3-1 home victory May 28. Kazmir has a 1.85 era at home this year and has not allowed a home run in that shit stadium.

Rajai Davis and Miguel Cabrera have had plenty of success against Kazmir. Davis is hitting .476 (10 for 21) with three doubles, a triple, a home run, six RBIs and eight strikeouts against him. Cabrera is 8 for 26 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, six RBIs and four walks. Iglesias is 4 for 5 with a double but will miss his 4th straight game with a knee contusion.

The other four current Tigers who have faced Kazmir haven't hit him at all. Ian Kinsler is hitting .139 (5 for 36) with three extra-base hits. J.D. Martinez (0 for 8), Yoenis Cespedes (0 for 6) and Nick Castellanos (0 for 3) are the other Tigers who have faced him.

Tigers have now scored 2 or fewer runs in 22 of their last 40 games.

Last edited:
this should be an interesting game. I wonder what time they found out about Simon. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't get Ryan out there in time unless they just didn't figure the expense / trouble was worth it vs. just pitching the BP today

this should be an interesting game. I wonder what time they found out about Simon. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't get Ryan out there in time unless they just didn't figure the expense / trouble was worth it vs. just pitching the BP today

Ryan had to travel from Louisville (AAA) to Oakland. I am sure it is a last minute thing. It is easily 6 hour flight via commercial airlines, if not more. He would have had gotten on a plane first thing in the morning.

Ryan had to travel from Louisville (AAA) to Oakland. I am sure it is a last minute thing. It is easily 6 hour flight via commercial airlines, if not more. He would have had gotten on a plane first thing in the morning.

I'm sure Mike Ilitch has a private jet.

Sounds like they knew he might not make it last night. I think the other issue wasn't just getting him to the game but letting him warm up properly. I actually feel bad for him though...I'm sure he would have done anything to make his 2nd career big league start. He's 0-5 in Toledo this year and he last pitched on Saturday.

perfect example of what's wrong with the offense, ceps draws a walk displays very good patience then JD comes up and hacks at balls out of the zone and weakly grounds out almost another DP. serious lack of persistent patience from one hitter to the next. One guy will be patient next guy won't

Back