Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What about LaTroy Hawkins???

Sorry KC, I don't mean to disagree with you because I respect your opinion... But what I saw the other night, he would be our best option at closer. Several pitches at 94/95 and one at 96, all with movement and most importantly 1,2,3. Maybe he had a great night, but he is 19/20 in saves this year. Don't see anyone on our roster with that record. When was the last time we saw a 1,2,3 ninth, Willie Hernandez? Mike Henneman? Or was it John Hiller? I don't remember Valverde or Jones ever having one... I know Valverde won the Rolaids award when he was 50/50 in saves in 2011, but he was a mess every time out...
The problem with Nathan is that he doesn't trust his stuff. I live in DFW, thought it was a great signing because he was 94/95 with his fastball for the last couple of years. Don't know what happened, but he is 89-92 tops with us, makes his slider irrelevant, which is his best pitch. What happened to that split finger pitch he killed the Tig's with all those year with the Twins? I guess it truly the Tigers closer curse, and if we signed Hawkins, he would probably suck just like Soria... Sigh...

Back