Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Justin/Miggy

djcox2112

I have full faith that both of them will help us this year, hopefully to our 4th straight division title... Let's be honest, neither are full strength... They have been the major reasons we have had the success in the last 5 years. It is almost painful to watch them recently because we have such HUGE expectations for them because of their past performances... Truly, I am hoping for great results from them so they can help the cause, to get Mr. I and us a WS championship...

So, regardless of this year, who is going to turn back time and have the best return throughout the life of their HUGE contracts. The easy choice would be Miggy, because we watch him and see his multiple injuries, and we believe once he is healthy he will return to 2013 pre injury.

I say Justin, he is going thru a transitional period, from a power pitcher to a guy that has to pitch. He doesn't have 97 free and easy anymore, he can reach 95 but he has to over throw and have no idea where it is going. We know he has four pitches that are all above ML average... He will have to learn to command his fastball... We all thought he already could do that, but that was at 99. I think he will eventually get back to dominating, his secondary pitches are too good. TSeaver and DSutton are two pitchers like himself who were great at 92mph when they got older...

Would love to hear what "real" Tiger fans think on what each of the contracts will look like in 2018/19...

Would love to hear what "real" Tiger fans think on what each of the contracts will look like in 2018/19...

I, myself, will consider myself lucky if I can still manage to stand up while I piss when that time comes...

The contracts will look pretty ugly as all of them do when players get to a certain age. Just look over in Philly and you will get a similar picture. I think Miggy will look better than Howard for sure but still will be a hard pill to swallow when the team is going to be at or below .500. They have no organizational position or pitching depth, they have traded pitching all away and they are horrible at picking positional players. They will have to buy a title because it aint coming from the farm.

Both contracts will come back to bite the Tigers and their fans on the ass. Both extensions were done at the absolute worst time. JV coming off a cy and MVP and Miggy coming off back to back MVP seasons? WTF...talking about buying high! The way this team / organization is built, I doubt they will be contending for the division within 2 years.

Back