Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Collapse Alert!!!

djcox2112

I've lived in Dallas/Ftworth since 86... Up until 2008, about May/June all the radio "Hosts" officially called a "Collapse Alert" every year. It was quite funny for dfw listeners (especially for me, since I'm a Tiger fan) because dfw didn't expect anything different. The Rangers officially sucked every year... Then it changed in 2009/10 and the "radio personalities" stopped this phrase.

Well, judging by this inning (bottom of the 6th, a 9 run inning by the hapless Twins) and the way this squad has played for the last month, Brad is under a little fire for the first time... KC is showing no signs of giving us the Central, so we are going to have to earn it... Unless some miracle happens tonight and we come back from a 15-5 deficit, we will be back by 2 1/2 games because KC did what they were supposed to do when in a pennant race, WIN! We somehow have forgotten this...

OK, gut check here... I'm giving this one to the Twins tonight, the next three games are crucial to our season, if we collapse and don't get out of here with a split, we are in trouble... KC is going to sweep this weekend, the Rangers are a minor league ball club at best and will be swept... They are pathetic... I truly feel sorry for Beltre who is having a great year...

We need to win one tomorrow and again on Sunday. Justin, time to earn your salary, more now than ever!!! This time last year he found his fastball and control, hopefully he'll do the same.

BTW, KC has the easiest schedule of anyone in MLB for the rest of the season according to win percentage. They may choke, since this is really their first time in a pennant race, but they are not showing any signs so far... Bottom line, the Tig's need to stand up and be the team we thought they were, or KC will stand up and take the central division. Trust me they are that good, especially their pitching... We have better starters, they blow us away in the bullpen... Not even close..

Back