Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 127 game 1 August 23 No Game Thread

Why is Farmer pitching? Didn't he get shelled in his last minor league game.
Don't we have anybody else in the minors?

This is downright pitiful.

really worried about this team.

This is downright pitiful.

really worried about this team.

I've been saying this since they traded and signed Cabrera to 20+ M's in the old ESPN thread. Too much money on the STARS means no bench no depth. Unless you want to go Yankee. Really no real money for picking good players at the deadline. Now that they have spent even more money on the starters well that means less for the bench and dumb pen! Really it has been a fight to put 9 position players on the field let alone a 25 man roster.

Last edited:
I've been saying this since they traded and signed Cabrera to 20+ M's in the old ESPN thread. Too much money on the STARS means no bench no depth. Unless you want to go Yankee. Really no real money for picking good players at the deadline. Now that they have spent even more money on the starters well that means less for the bench and dumb pen! Really it has been a fight to put 9 position players on the field let alone a 25 man roster.

Yeah, the Tigers are really a top heavy team with no bench or bullpen.

Something's gotta give, this philosophy isn't working.

Man this game could get into real trouble. Like has there ever been back to back 20 run games?

At this point, why not leave guys in, this game is lost, just try to save the pen for tonight.

Sadly with Verlander going i'm not confident we have a good chance of even winning that game with the way he has been pitching this year. This has been a very frustrating season for me to say the least.

Sadly with Verlander going i'm not confident we have a good chance of even winning that game with the way he has been pitching this year. This has been a very frustrating season for me to say the least.

Yea he could be hurt still.

Back