Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 129 Kittens/Tigers vs. twins August 24

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
STARTING LINEUPS: (Statistics vs. opposing starter in parentheses).
Detroit Tigers
1. Rajai Davis, CF
2. Ian Kinsler, 2B (1 for 4)
3. Torii Hunter, RF (0 for 2)
4. Victor Martinez, DH (1 for 5, 2B)
5. J.D. Martinez, LF (1 for 3, 2B)
6. Nick Castellanos, 3B (0 for 4)
7. Alex Avila, C (3 for 4, 2B)
8. Eugenio Suarez, SS
9. Don Kelly, 1B (1 for 4, 2B)
Max Scherzer (14-4, 3.07 ERA)
Lifetime vs. Twins: 7-2, 4.43 ERA.

Minnesota Twins
1. Danny Santana, CF (1 for 3, 2B)
2. Brian Dozier, 2B (1 for 11, 3 RBIs, 7 SOs)
3. Joe Mauer, 1B (8 for 28, .286, HR)
4. Kennys Vargas, DH
5. Oswaldo Arcia, RF (2 for 3, 2B)
6. Trevor Plouffe, 3B (1 for 13, .077, 7 SOs)
7. Kurt Suzuki, C (2 for 5, HR)
8. Eduardo Escobar, SS (2 for 8, 2B)
9. Jordan Schafer, LF (0 for 3)
Kyle Gibson (11-9, 4.13 ERA)
Lifetime vs. Tigers: 1-1, 6.00 ERA

Miguel Cabrera aggravated his sore right ankle when he hit the bag hard trying to beat out a double play throw Saturday night. He stayed in the game until being lifted for a pinch-runner in the eighth, but he was clearly limping on his way through the dugout. It?s enough of a concern that he?s out of the lineup today, giving him two days to recover before Tuesday?s series opener against the Yankees back at Comerica Park.
?Maybe two days off in a row might help,? manager Brad Ausmus said Sunday morning.
Cabrera could pinch-hit, but Ausmus said he?d save that for a situation with runners on and a late-game scenario.
The cascade effect on the lineup affects most of the other spots. Ian Kinsler is back batting second, Rajai Davis is leading off, and Torii Hunter is hitting third. Don Kelly, the first baseman for the day, will bat ninth.
JasonBeck

The lineup for the Tigers was not posted until after 11:30 a.m. Central time because Brad Ausmus wanted to check on the condition of Miguel Cabrera, who irritated a nagging ankle issue Saturday night. Cabrera is not in the starting lineup today. With an off day tomorrow, Cabrera will get two days' rest prior to the Yankees-Tigers series that starts Tuesday at Comerica Park.

The Tigers optioned Buck Farmer to Triple-A Toledo following the game Saturday night. Farmer was called up as the 26th player on the roster for the doubleheader Saturday, so there is no corresponding move to announce.

The Tigers are three games behind the Kansas City Royals in the Central Division race and one game behind the Seattle Mariners for the final American League wild-card spot.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=340824109
Tigers vs. twinks Game Preview.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_08_24_detmlb_minmlb_1&mode=classic
Gameday.

My latest tweet;
@rajai11davis @IKinsler3 @toriihunter48
Will you guys start taking some pitches + stop chasing down around your ankles please. #StopHacking

My latest tweet;
@rajai11davis @IKinsler3 @toriihunter48
Will you guys start taking some pitches + stop chasing down around your ankles please. #StopHacking

Did you get any responses?
By the look at the 1st inning at bats I would guess. NO, yes, NO.

Last edited:
Nice to see Suarez get a hit there. Would like him to heat up down there in the bottom 3rd of the line up.

Last edited:
Tigers really are not taking too many pitches. Just got the lead though. Gibson Pc at 32 here in the 3rd need to work on it some here. a little rally would due.

2nd run helps out.

Last edited:
The FC and error pushes another run home PC climbing another run or two and it won't matter much.

J.D.M ends the Tiger 3rd with a DP. The PC got to 42 or Gibson. Tigers 3 Minnie 0after 2&1/2 innings.

I liked the old school slide into 2b by Torii.

back in a short while.....

Last edited:
Needed a good inning from Max here.
1st batter 9 pitch him into a lead of single and now there a mess out there.2nd & 3rd 1 out!

Well Max's PC is going to become a factor in this game. Over 50 at 52 as I type gave up a double and it's 3-2 now and they're still only one out!
Make it 3 to 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OBP in the line ups today= Twins 5 better than the Tigers. Tigers 2 better than the Twins. And two about the same.
And our starter is in some trouble with the PC as of now.

Have the tigers hit rock bottom yet? I still can't believe they lost 1-0 in Tampa with price throwing a complete game 1 hitter with 0 earned runs given up, when i learned of this last week, only a long blank stare into the nothingness of space was able to even come close to discribbing...then wait it gets worse yesterday I see, losing 20-6 then 12-4 to the freakin twins! And even worse yet max pitching like crap today and losing 3 of 4 to this last place team is a strong possibility ...I mean daaaaaaammmmn enough already

Last edited:
Back