Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 130 Tigers vs. yankees August 26 2014

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers season of apathy is turning into days/nights of no game thread?
before the rain delay announced.
new start time tentative for 8:15

STARTING LINEUPS: (Statistics vs. opposing starter in parentheses)

Detroit Tigers
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B (5 for 21)
2. Torii Hunter, RF (8 for 19, 1 HR)
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B (4 for 15)
4. Victor Martinez, DH (9 for 24, 1 HR)
5. J.D. Martinez, LF (1 for 3)
6. Nick Castellanos, 3B
7. Alex Avila, C (2 for 13)
8. Eugenio Suarez, SS (0 for 2)
9. Rajai Davis, CF (2 for 8)
RHP Rick Porcello (14-8, 3.10 ERA)
Lifetime vs. Yankees: 3-3, 4.18 ERA

New York Yankees
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF (8 for 13, 2 HR)
2. Derek Jeter, DH (1 for 15)
3. Brian McCann, C
4. Mark Teixeira, 1B (4 for 16)
5. Carlos Beltran, RF (4 for 8)
6. Martin Prado, 2B (2 for 7)
7. Stephen Drew, SS (2 for 7, 1 HR)
8. Chase Headley, 3B (3 for 6, 1 HR)
9. Ichiro Suzuki, LF (11 for 28)
RHP Brandon McCarthy (8-12, 4.01 ERA)
Lifetime vs. Tigers: 4-3, 3.14 ERA

Wow, you don't see many pitchers have that kind of success against Miggy.

Tigers season of apathy is turning into days/nights of no game thread?

I would more often just find myself still trying to wrap up the days work activities still long into the evening during the week and busy with household and lawn work during the weekends lotta times to catch to the start of games but yeah apathy or depression with the tigers not being in first with 33 games to go isn't helping with the motivation to start them either...

Let's gets some better offense this time around off this McCarthy bum would be nice and right on que with that thought 1 pitch one out from Kinsler to start it off

Sigh

Last edited:
I would more often just find myself still trying to wrap up the days work activities still long into the evening during the week and busy with household and lawn work during the weekends lotta times to catch to the start of games but yeah apathy or depression with the tigers not being in first with 33 games to go isn't helping with the motivation to start them either...

Let's gets some better offense this time around off this McCarthy bum would be nice and right on que with that thought 1 pitch one out from Kinsler to start it off

Sigh

My intent wasn't to hurt anyone's feelings with that...
I'm feeling bummed over this season as much as everyone else.
Seems as it got later into this month, the GT's are getting posted later or after starting time.
I'm not around as much as the seemingly 24/7, for just over 2 years now, and this part time gig has me Mon/Wed/Fridays, gone Wed. nights. and Sundays, any time I've done a GT this year is a surprise for me.
Todays news of losing Sanchez, is like wtf is gonna happen next to stab this team in the heart.

I gotta say, I'm not the biggest Matt Shepard fan, but I like the way he calls a baseball game.

My intent wasn't to hurt anyone's feelings with that...
I'm feeling bummed over this season as much as everyone else.
Seems as it got later into this month, the GT's are getting posted later or after starting time.
I'm not around as much as the seemingly 24/7, for just over 2 years now, and this part time gig has me Mon/Wed/Fridays, gone Wed. nights. and Sundays, any time I've done a GT this year is a surprise for me.
Todays news of losing Sanchez, is like wtf is gonna happen next to stab this team in the heart.

I didn't take it gat way,

yes indeed, bad news on Sanchez, more daggers...tigers are a sub .500 team since the 27-12 start, this needs to turn around, get back into first and all would be well again..

Bases load walk 1-0

Ian rolls over another one and kills a potential big inning, 2 pitches two outs tonight hey Kinsler he just walked two guys already in that inning take a gawd damn strike

Amazing how wild McCarthy is and IK just goes up there guessing and hacking. Way to see a lot of pitches IK... A chance to really elevate BM pitch count goes by the wayside by our superior thinking players....

pssst we're winning

1 run lead could have been 2 or 3 with a decent and patient team.
Heck he even failed to get a damn sac fly...

2 at bats 2 pitches...Just what you want in a lead off hitter :/

We should get a better at bats from a vet like him with base
runners on...

Last edited:
pssst we're winning

Pssst big part of the field Kinsler, can't be pulling the ball and grounding into double plays with the bases loaded trying to do too much, big part of the field Kinsler, inside out, take what he gives ya

Last edited:
You guys see in the dugout after Miggy scored with Ausmus talking with him. Got to be the ankle, even going past first on his way to the double, didn't look like he was full bore cutting the angle to get to the bag,
won't surprise they say that if has something in the ankle scoped in it to clean up after the season.

Jeter has eight 200 hit seasons (219) High in 1999.
He has three seasons of hits in the 190's..
538 doubles and counting in 36th spot. (44) high in 2004>
13 seasons scoring over 100 runs.. (134) high in 1999
1914 runs scored good for 11th (Five behind aroid).
12 seasons batting over .300 (.349) High in 1999..

.378 Lifetime OBP...

Nice career....lol

Last edited:
You guys see in the dugout after Miggy scored with Ausmus talking with him. Got to be the ankle, even going past first on his way to the double, didn't look like he was full bore cutting the angle to get to the bag,
won't surprise they say that if has something in the ankle scoped in it to clean up after the season.

They've already acknowledged he's got an ankle issue.

Jeter has eight 200 hit seasons (219) High in 1999.
He has three seasons of hits in the 190's..
538 doubles and counting in 36th spot. (44) high in 2004>
13 seasons scoring over 100 runs.. (134) high in 1999
1914 runs scored good for 11th (Five behind aroid).
12 seasons batting over .300 (.349) High in 1999..

.378 Lifetime OBP...

Nice career....lol
Fuck Jeter

Back