Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 130 Tigers vs. yankees August 26 2014

Jeter is a great player, I don't get the hate, well here I do 'cause he's a yankee.
The runs are a by product of the lineups, 200 hits and 190 plus hits all those years, great obp the doubles, are his own doing. imo, the over rated part should be for his defense, the GG's, but he makes some nice plays deep in the hole, lacking range or not, positioning per batter helps.

I don't think anyone really hates Jeter, I just don't understand why he has to be honored in every stadium. He is a New York Yankee. He's not a Detroit Tiger. He's not a Kansas City Royal.

We can respect what he's done as a player, but I don't get why we have to cheer him like he's a living god.

Last edited:
*raises hand*

I hate Jeter. Or more the cyclone of ball-sucking bullshit that constantly surrounds him.

Good job making adjustments finally with McCarthy tonight offense

Now Repeat with green tomorrow as well

Miggy very frustrated vocally and animated after that swing and miss walk back to the dugout.

Miggy in the running for a GG this year?? stranger things have happened.
Tops in a couple of defensive metrics for 1B men.

9th inning up 3 Nathan coming in, a drama free close out to this one would be nice

Twins also still up 1-0 in the top 9th

Back