Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 135: Tigers @ Ass-sox DH Game 2, August 30th

Big 9th inning and Tigers lead 8 - 4,

We might not need the valium now, ......Nathan pitching, aww take one anyways.

Wow a 1-2-3 inning for sloppy joe, thought for sure he'd make it interesting

Wow, Joba is so efficient that he tagged runs to 3 different pitchers tonight. Well done

Gad we hung on and even Kelly got a RBI.... something I have not seen this year.... Well at least I don't remember any others I saw...

Cleveland-KC goes to the 11th inning. Royals blew their chance with bases loaded in the 10th.

Miguel Cabrera waved off interview requests. Told media members to talk to the trainer or the manager.

Miguel Cabrera waved off interview requests. Told media members to talk to the trainer or the manager.

Brad said he offered to give him tomorrow off and miggy reportedly told him I'll see how it feels in the morning and let you know

Here's the thing though, IMO it shouldn't be up to miggy, it should be up to brad, brad is the manger. I know we don't want to hear this but is an occasional slap singles bad ankle miggy a better option than a healthy backup even if it is don freakin' Kelly hey don freakin' Kelly was 3-4 in game 2, call ups in in two days also could provide more options for a few days...we need to get that ankle well not keep flaring it up..the reality is the bat isn't there right now and it's unlikely to fix itself by trying to play through it making it worse

Kyle Ryan sent to Triple-A Toledo. Will be recalled Tuesday. Has 72 hours to report to Toledo. So, he's not going anywhere.

Indians have won 3-2. The Royals scored 1 in the 11th inning. They nearly got a walkoff 2-run HR in the 11th inning, but that ball was about 20 ft foul. The Tigers and Royals are tied for the Central Division!

Last edited:
How many days was that out of first? Guessing it was the longest stretch in many a moons

The Tigers were in 2nd place from August 11 to 29. That's 18 days. I'm not sure how long it has been since the Tigers were not AL Central leaders for 19 straight calendar days.

Back