Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 136: Tigers @ Suxs, August 31st

tigermud

DET

Davis CF
Kinsler 2b
Hunter RF
Victor DH
JD LF
Nick 3b
Don freakin' Kelly 1b
Suarez SS
Holaday C

P: Ricky P

Miggy ankle day to day, holaday nor don freakin' Kelly have a home run this year, even lettuce has couple, get off the snide today holaday and kelly

SUXS

Pest eaton CF
Chris Sanchez 2b
That other guy we can't get out DH
Avi ex tiger Garcia RF
Gillespie 3b
Viciedo LF
Andy Wilkins (just called up to replace Dunn) 1b
Flowers C
Some other Garcia SS

P: Quintana

Last edited:
No way that Torii had a hit, and no way in hell that was a hit for Eaton. Errors for both IMO without a doubt.

Some pretty lousy defense so far, score keep giving out hits that should be errors left and right, tigers down early 2-0 on what should be two unearned runs even though the box score says only 1 was unearned. Score keep should be given some errors to

Just got home. What is going on? Who is fucking up?

Who isn't, rick fails to cover first on the last play and still only one out instead of two nick boots one at 3rd on the next play, wow should be 4 errors already in just the 3rd...this could get ugly real quick now

Were they all partaking in the beer shower for ryan yesterday and get a little too much?

Last edited:
WTF? They climb back into a tie for first and this is the effort they put forth today?

Defense really let rick down today, blow out in the making 5-0 now

I don't think the tigers offense can match this off Quintana this one is likely over already

KC posted a good read to the team notes thread today

http://www.detroittigertales.com/2014/08/how-are-tigers-not-beating-royals.html

Reason tigers are letting others in the div put up a serious challenge to em this year?

Overall, it's the Defense and bad base running that has killed this team the most this year.

Last edited:
Holy crapola. Effectively 4 errors by the Tigers! It is still early in the game, and we have shot ourselves in the foot with errors.

All we need is a 8 spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying for some extra runs for our bullpen too.....LOL

Just got home, and heard the shitsox radio announcers on the ride back saying as much about the Tigers defense.

Most of the guys on this team, are not good defensively.

They must have there bags packed already,

Last edited:
Let's see if we can get more errors than hits..

Error count should be at 5 right now I can't for the life of me figure out why eaton was awarded a double on a ball the clearly popped right out of JD's glove in the first inning

Last edited:
Tigers claw their way back into a 1st place tie then come out and play like their all hung over. Kluber Monday, not going to get any easier, price has the worst run support in the league. Bleeehhhh time to run it off, surprise me and let me find they put 8 in the 9th and won when I get back later.. I won't hold my breath

The contracts of RHP Jose Ortega and RHP Justin Miller have both been outrighted to Triple A Toledo.

In other news the Tigers defense looks like they cloned a bunch of Raburn's for half the positions and old Don Buddin affectionately called E6 in his days as a fielding stiff for the 1950's redsox and the '59 Tigers.

Defense really let rick down today, blow out in the making 5-0 now

I don't think the tigers offense can match this off Quintana this one is likely over already

KC posted a good read to the team notes thread today

http://www.detroittigertales.com/2014/08/how-are-tigers-not-beating-royals.html

Reason tigers are letting others in the div put up a serious challenge to em this year?

Overall, it's the Defense and bad base running that has killed this team the most this year.

Well we all knew the bp was a mess. What we did not know was the closer would be so bad, and he is a big part of the pen.
One of the bad deals has ben Joba job. for the most part he's been good. But the record does show 1-5. Really though it's his miss use of being put in closer' spots which he is NOT a CLOSER!

As far as the defense being bad. It has/was pointed how much worse shortstop was with Jhonny gone. Saw him play for the Cards the other day. and yes he looked good for them.Carbrera move too 1st has not been a great improvment as well over all with both 1st and 3rd.

And I am going to say I'm not impressed with Kinsler at 2nd. Not that he makes erorrs. but it seems to me he slow to cover 2nd and 1st at times which leads to poor plays! It's like was that my play?

Face it the out field has been a hit and miss afair. There times hunter is ok even good. and then it's like age takes over. Without AJ in center the out field seems lost at times.

But really they say the D is a small part? But in truth the D is on thee field for all the oppontents outs! Which is half of the game, when it come to Offence/defence.Hey the D a big deal when it's not getting it done.

But really this did not work in the Tigers weak BENCH and aaa starters?!. That's cost them games as well.

BTW I'm away for the week end and using motel computer feed. So I'm a little out of the loop. So getting tied with KC got to be good. And with with the Tigers split with yet another sub par .500 team. We must get another KC LOST! And one of our best pitchers getting D less D.

Back