Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Recruit's dad "threw them (Michigan) out of the house"

Gulo Blue

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...a-commitment-michigan-recruiting-daishon-neal

I doubt the one side of this story is an entirely fair portrayal, but slappy rivals are jumping on this. The dad says a coach said they were leaning towards flipping until a coach said his son wouldn't get into Michigan without football.

I bet the pitch included some sale of the academics...something like "this is an opportunity to take advantage of your football ability to get something really valuable, a Michigan education." And it got taken the wrong way.

this meathead didn't like being reminded of the fact that he was too dumb to get in.

"Hey, you not say me stupid in own house. You go now. Me sad."

My guess is most of the players on the football team wouldn't be able to get into Michigan if they weren't football players. If he and his father didn't already know that maybe they are REALLY stupid!!

Yes. It was about his gpa which supposedly was 3.1
Maybe Jim might need to frame it differentlly

Lady, Jim wasn't at this kid's house. It was someone else, supposedly Mattison.

The kid was already a verbal commit to Nebraska, and he still is.

I hope Mattison had a good steak dinner after leaving the house; there are supposed to be some really good steak houses there in Omaha.

The kid was already a verbal commit to Nebraska, and he still is.

I hope Mattison had a good steak dinner after leaving the house; there are supposed to be some really good steak houses there in Omaha.

He did. Don't feel bad for him; he was over it ever sooner than that. Word is, he heard his favorite song (25 or 6 to 4, by Chicago) on the radio as he was backing out of their driveway, and kinda zoned out, singing along, and tapping on the steering wheel.

when he got to the steakhouse and sat down, the waiter asked him "What brings you to Omaha?" and it took him a couple seconds to remember; he had honestly forgotten about it that quickly.

Word is, he heard his favorite song (25 or 6 to 4, by Chicago) on the radio

I saw Chicago a couple years back; well, actually I first saw them at Crisler almost 40 years back.

Somebody asked me what the title of that song meant; I did have to look it up; I didn't know it off the top of my head...

Telling someone to leave and throwing them out of the house are two completely different things...

Telling someone to leave and throwing them out of the house are two completely different things...

And implying someone wouldn't get in without football can be a very different thing than saying it, depending on how it's implied, but Nick Baumgardner tweeted Michigan said it, while people that listened to the interview said the father only claim it was implied.

This same player also said that he was going to try to convince another Nebraska commit with interest in Michigan to stay with Nebraska. So I don't believe anything he says.

Okay so it was mattison. He has been an effective recruiter so I think this is open to interpretation

We are trying to get folks who had made their kinds up to switch. Not going to be easy. We aren't succeeding with some of the, The other Nebraska commit is probably Reuben Jones who already switched his verbal to us

Someone in another board who doesn't loke Michigan posted this summary

Williams left pissed
Samuel was belittled
The DB from Florida was flown all the way to Michigan with no offer and they tested his manhood
Marshall didn't like to go figure skating
Neal's parents kicked your staff out the door
Clark likes UCLA staff better
Weber won't let Harbaugh visit him

Again interpretations no who knows what is true. The trick is to take what you have and make them better.

I feel,this year is kind of lost

You are trying to flip kids who already had relationships and commitments to other school

Next year will be a chance to prove something

And implying someone wouldn't get in without football can be a very different thing than saying it, depending on how it's implied, but Nick Baumgardner tweeted Michigan said it, while people that listened to the interview said the father only claim it was implied.

I really doubt mattson would say it the way it is presented

P.s. I always thought the Chicago song was just time of day

That's correct; it was in the wee hours and the song is about the songwriter having writer's block; trying to write a song in the middle of the night, at around 3:34 or 3:35 AM - "Twenty five or six to four..."

I never really liked the band Chicago for some reason. They play them on classic rock radio around here a lot more than in other places though.

That's correct; it was in the wee hours and the song is about the songwriter having writer's block; trying to write a song in the middle of the night, at around 3:34 or 3:35 AM - "Twenty five or six to four..."

Heck of a thing for 1 poster to reference, a 2nd to clarify, and a 3rd to confirm.

Back