Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ditka complements Stafford, degrades Cutler

What the hell did he see in Matt this year to deserve praise? And take the whiny out of Cutler and it's pretty much the same as Matt.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/01/26/matthew-stafford-pro-bowl-lions/22347871/

All the players think stafford is a good player. Love the quote about anyone knowing football knows he is good

right. They see the big arm and the ability. What they don't see is what we see in real games that matter. He chokes or something. All of those guys that made comments about how good he is...they are all better than him. They were asked about him and they told the reporter what he wanted to hear. What do you expect Romo to say? "Stafford...he has put up a ton of yards but he gets to throw the ball SO much. I am just glad that he is 0-18 on the road vs. winning teams...it takes some of the spotlight off of me for my choke jobs in the past. I really appreciate that!"

right. They see the big arm and the ability. What they don't see is what we see in real games that matter. He chokes or something. All of those guys that made comments about how good he is...they are all better than him. They were asked about him and they told the reporter what he wanted to hear. What do you expect Romo to say? "Stafford...he has put up a ton of yards but he gets to throw the ball SO much. I am just glad that he is 0-18 on the road vs. winning teams...it takes some of the spotlight off of me for my choke jobs in the past. I really appreciate that!"

You are wrong again Dalton. These guys are experts and watch the game tape. They watch him in real games. They think he's a stud. They are right.

You are wrong again Dalton. These guys are experts and watch the game tape. They watch him in real games. They think he's a stud. They are right.

lol

You think that Romo and Ryan watch game tape of Matt Stafford? No way in hell!

They do. We played both those teams.

why on gods green earth would Matt Ryan and Tony Romo watch film of the Lions offense? I certainly hope that Stafford isn't watching film of the Cowboys offense prior playing them!

why on gods green earth would Matt Ryan and Tony Romo watch film of the Lions offense? I certainly hope that Stafford isn't watching film of the Cowboys offense prior playing them!

Well Romo probably watched every single tape considering Linehan is his OC now. Prior to the season. Ryan has seen Stafford in action 3 times in his career. Both know he is a stud. Defensive players agreed too about Stafford.

The experts say, good QB.

I'll take Romo and Ryan's word over your unjustified blind haterade.

Well Romo probably watched every single tape considering Linehan is his OC now. Prior to the season. Ryan has seen Stafford in action 3 times in his career. Both know he is a stud. Defensive players agreed too about Stafford.

The experts say, good QB.

I'll take Romo and Ryan's word over your unjustified blind haterade.

The next time an NFL QB says something negative about the playing ability of one of his competitors will be the first time!

The next time an NFL QB says something negative about the playing ability of one of his competitors will be the first time!

That is 100% true. Hell, look at the number of guys over the years that have called people like Jamarcus Russell a good QB.

There is no such thing as a bad QB... if you ask another QB.

People call out QBs all the time on the defensive side. Upcoming games they might have something nice to say but this wasn't that situation.

GMs/coaches sometimes degrade their own QBs by being vague on them starting.

They were all surprised he's never been there before.
They've seen his produciton, game tape and know how hard it is to be a QB.

People call out QBs all the time on the defensive side. Upcoming games they might have something nice to say but this wasn't that situation.

GMs/coaches sometimes degrade their own QBs by being vague on them starting.

I said other QBs...not defensive players

I said other QBs...not defensive players

And I pointed out this wasn't a before game situation. Ryan and Romo know enough about Stafford to know he is good. They've seen him play in person.

Stafford truly beat both of them as far as I'm concerned.

Stafford made the pro bowl to make up for 2011's snub. People gushed over luck this year, Staffords 2011 season was just as productive as what lucks was this year.

And I pointed out this wasn't a before game situation. Ryan and Romo know enough about Stafford to know he is good. They've seen him play in person.

Stafford truly beat both of them as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing he has beat them in is yards. In the 6 head to head games Stafford completed 58.9% of his passes...Romo and Ryan 65.7%. Stafford had 7 TDs and 6 INTs. Romo and Ryan had 15 TDs and 6 INTs.

Stafford puts up the yards but is not an efficient QB.

Back