Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spring Training games

Boyd pitched well again, 5 shutout innings. Pelfrey, not a surprise, was shit in the 6th.

I know 8 million is a whole bunch of lettuce. But pelfrey is terrible. He is (bs) pitcher below satisfaction. But should the Tigers try to get there money out of him it's the bull pen imo.

I know 8 million is a whole bunch of lettuce. But pelfrey is terrible. He is (bs) pitcher below satisfaction. But should the Tigers try to get there money out of him it's the bull pen imo.

Was listening up to the inning that Pelfrey shit himself again.
and we still don't know which scout said to give him 2 years, fucking horrible.
The scout should have been fired end of last season, and pelfrey has to be cut, just eat the money.
If Sanchez can continue to reinvent himself and his arm slot, hands moved a bit, he could be useful, until maybe someone needs a veteran starter, and maybe recoup some of this years salary, and next years 5 M buyout.

Boyd has to have the 5th starter in the rotation.

2nd on Boyd in the rotation unless Sanchez next outing is light outs, Then got to look at the options.

J.D. ankle 3 to 4 weeks could help work the out field some. Of course it just kicks the option can down the road. Of course Alex Presley has had to have a good spring toss in to the mix.

And there Lowe, let the season have a lighting bolt find the bull pen.

Anibal Sanchez:
BEFORE delivery change: 5.2 IP, 15 H, 11 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 4 K.
AFTER: 14 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 16 Ks.

Anibal Sanchez:
BEFORE delivery change: 5.2 IP, 15 H, 11 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 4 K.
AFTER: 14 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 16 Ks.

It's nice to see but if he makes the rotation, I suspect he does - lots of money I hope they have a short leash on him.. coming off 2 really bad years.

Nice to see Sanchez giving us some hope again that he might still be effective.

Went to the model train show in Waterloo, Ill. Bought a few things. Had a great time. Then to the flea market in Belleville. It was ok. Then Saw Beauty and the Beast with Grandkids. Had a grand time.
Come home and checked the box score and what do I find Sanchez may have pitched him self back into the mix! I'm going to go crazy should my post in #84 of this thread holds up. But The old saying holds up; you can never have enough pitching!!!!!

And really should Zimmerman not recover this could be the silver in the cloud. The lighting bolt that hits at the right time. Hey something good is going to happen this time around. The come back we are looking for. The shot in the arm. This could change the Bull Pen around, to be killer.
Sanchez should get one more start, imo it could be wait for it (Donald Trump) HUGH>>
ST starting to become interesting in the pitching area.

Tigers jays on fox sports Detroit today. Man castellanos looks to be in great shape this year. He might just very well be a force at the plate for the tigers this year

Tigers jays on fox sports Detroit today. Man castellanos looks to be in great shape this year. He might just very well be a force at the plate for the tigers this year

I'd be happy if he just repeats last years numbers.

Anthony Gose will begin throwing bullpen sessions as a conversion to pitcher is considered.
Gose will play the outfield for Triple-A Toledo, but he could also eventually get into games as a pitcher if he looks good in side sessions. The 26-year-old threw in the mid-90s in high school. Mar 26 - 11:02 AM
Source: Jason Beck on Twitter

Opening day a week from tomorrow...who makes the final cuts..

Moya was very unimpressive at the plate today swung at anything and everything. Tiger bats drew four walks in the 9th cept Moya who had no approach at all, there was even someone yelling in the background hey moya don't swing he's not throwing strikes..swing..swing..lol he still isn't ready for the big leagues give the nod to Presley until jd is back imo

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/03/tigers_roster_cuts_2.html#incart_river_index
Tigers' latest round of cuts includes Alex Presley, Blaine Hardy.
Mlive

The Tigers also reassigned right-handed pitcher Angel Nesbitt, catcher Miguel Gonzalez, and infielders Efren Navarro, Brendan Ryan and Omar Infante.

The Tigers roster is now at 29, including outfielder J.D. Martinez, who will start the season on the disabled list.

Pitchers Mike Pelfrey and Daniel Stumpf are unlikely to make the team, but their status could hang in doubt for a few days longer if the Tigers are trying to execute a trade.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/03/steven_moya_released.html#incart_river_index
Tigers place Steven Moya on waivers, signaling possible end of outfield battle.
Mlive

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detr...le/detroit-tigers-release-mike-pelfrey/92066/
Detroit Tigers release Mike Pelfrey.
DSN

The Tigers today have unconditionally released RHP Mike Pelfrey. The Tigers have 28 players remaining in major league camp.
8:30 AM - 30 Mar 2017

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2017/03/30/detroit-tigers-mike-pelfrey/99815528/
Detroit Tigers release pitcher Mike Pelfrey.
Freep

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/03/mike_pelfrey_released.html#incart_river_index
Tigers release Mike Pelfrey, eating $8 million left on contract.
Mlive

Last edited:
I don't know enough about MLB inside dealings to get why the Tigers even considered a player like Presley. Do teams merely need bodies to occupy ST spots to not overtax the players who are guaranteed one? Even if Presley was hitting .845 in ST, he'd still have
been cut.

Gotta just love the guy though at least for being honest with himself and everyone.

Despite his poor results on the mound, Pelfrey conducted himself with grace and class during his time as a Tiger. His final statement was fitting.

Mike Pelfrey said he understood the move, apologized for putting the organization in a position where they had to release him.

— Jason Beck (@beckjason) March 30, 2017
Pelfrey 100 percent class. Said he apologized to Avila for putting them in this position. 'I got what I deserved.'

— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) March 30, 2017
With the release of Pelfrey, the Tigers have 28 players remaining in major league camp, including the injured J.D. Martinez. They need to trim their roster to 25 players by opening day.

The Pelfrey signing was inexplicably stupid.

IMO just another miss managed of too many. This team has shot it self in the foot so many times that it needs to aim higher to give the foot a rest, if it still has foot!

Back