Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lightning 2 Red Wings 1 Final ot

It's really amazing their shit OT record but their amazing SO record..

Couple fights missing from highlight package.

Mantha steps up for Larkin who was hit from behind into the boards. Normally I am against a player hitting another when he goes down in the fight, but when sending a message while sticking up for one of your star players I'll turn a blind eye.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ldGNx1bRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qySgXNmYDNE

Man these guys completely butcher pronouncing Witkowski. It is pronounced Vitkovski.

Polish is the only Slavic language where you will see a W used commonly in a name. In Polish the W is pronounced as English V. ł is the Polish character that makes English w sound. (Do not confuse t with ł)

Man these guys completely butcher pronouncing Witkowski. It is pronounced Vitkovski.

Polish is the only Slavic language where you will see a W used commonly in a name. In Polish the W is pronounced as English V. ł is the Polish character that makes English w sound. (Do not confuse t with ł)

My favorite pro wrestler Wladek 'Killer' Kowalski. iirc he was from Hamtramck and or Windsor.
I met him once in kenmore square Boston and pronounced his name Vladek.

Hahaha, I heard much about him and training many of the wrestlers from the 80s/90s.

Pronounciation would be close to Vwadek Kovalski.

Władek is shorthand for Władysław.

Vladislav is spelling you would see coming from Russia.

Kowal (smith) ski (son of); Son of Smith
In Poland his wife's name would be Kowalska ie. Daughter of Smith

Other Slavic variations would be Kovalev (Russian), Kovalchuk (Ukrainian), Kovalenko (Ukrainian).

Back