Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spring Training games

yep HOMERsanchez dug them into a hole the Mets have been able, so far to hold on to. And as I type a two out E and now DOUBLE ties it in the top the 8th

perez misses a fly into an rbi triple 5-5 tie! game ends Thanks a s O how the mighty have fallen v.

Is there a point when we are allowed to express concern about how shitty the Tigers have been this spring training?

The Cubs went 11-19 during 2016 spring training. Didn't seem to have much of an impact. I would be curious to see some sort of formal statistical analysis done on whether or not spring training record is any sort of predictor for regular season record. I doubt it though.

Zimmerman rocked today, boys I think we have some serious issues with the pitching..I'm concerned about the pitching, the terrible three and if Zimmerman isn't going to get it back either... i yi yi

Mujica, not so good.

It's spring training and 3 or 4 of our starters are in the wbc, another jammed his neck sliding into a base, and there are plenty of players getting to play that will be reassigned to minor league camp like the 4 from yesterday,
but I am not happy.

overall not worried just yet as I would still have hope they just cut the losses with the terrible three at least... but.... will admit this is starting to damper my enthusiasm for the start of the regular season.

Last edited:
The over all record is terrible. But it is ST and thankfully does not count for anything. But lets face some of the performance's have been how shall I say, less than good. In fact some of the pitching is terrible, even J V era is not good. To some degree I would blame it on letting too many other pitching of under performing! But 30+ M's is a bunch of lettuce to eat.

But really not too many of staff have lived up to their abilities. Real simple should Verlander and/or Zimmerman not show up this season. The fire sale could get a little hotter than normal! I think Zim's recovery is a big deal. Should he be aok Tigers should roll.

Here how the staff should come north and not lose money to start the season.

Verlander
Zimmerman
Fulmer
Boyd or Norris with one going BP or down to the minors!? I do not this option.
Sanchez/Pelfrey The money talks here. One to the pen. Should one fail badly the other takes his next start. So really carry six starters till they get right or pitch them self's off the team!
Now here comes how this can work out money wise. Tigers are committed to 87.025 mlll to 9 pitchers. Fulmer, Norris, Boyd , would fill out the 12. So you can see why one of either of Boyd/ Norris needs to go down to make room for another reliever. But the pay toll for pitchers rounded off is 95 million. Sanchez get 5 m for 2018. Divide this by 6 months = 15,833,333 million. Now should all our pitchers do well all's good and great. But should any one falter, well then after April the worst can worry, should they in the hot seat.
And after May you can cut your losses and hardly be out much. Really somewhere in the middle of May could be break even. Who knows lighting could strike and we are off and running.

The Tigers continue to be extremely cautious with Nick Castellanos? sore right quad. He was scratched from the lineup again Sunday.

?We going to hold him out one more day,? Ausmus said. ?There is no reason to play him and risk reaggravating it.?

Castellanos is scheduled to be the designated hitter on Monday in West Palm Beach.

Back